Options

Golden hour light play

Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
edited March 16, 2007 in People
Most of my photos from Sydney streets are captured during lunchtime. Today however I stayed back at work a couple of hours. Leaving just before the sunset I’ve noticed this interesting play of light and shadows created by scaffolding posts. To complete the picture there was a woman walking in the distance with her hair contours highlighted by the sun.

Looks like sometimes it pays to work late.

As usual click on the link or the image to see a bigger photo and EXIF.

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited March 15, 2007
    Nice image Ted. I love that you explain the process here. I often make mental notes of times and places, light and angles that I see in the city. It's always rewarding to see it and then go back and get it later either by chance or intent. There are a few shots that have been evading me for months but eventually they'll work out. IT also points out the complex nautre of urban ladnscapes. Light may nly hit the cervice of the city you're wanting to shoot for a few minutes on any day. Especially when dealing with very large and tall buildings here in Chicago. Combince the short window with the random nature of humans and it really becomes a wildlife / landscape shot. Just as complex as shooting a lion under a certain tree at sunset.
  • Options
    Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2007
    You have no idea how difficult it is to explain these simple facts to so many people. And some of them call themselves photographers.

As for the notes: I'm often asked what prompts me to take a shot of this person or another or this scene or another. Street photography has a lot of resistance from the politically correct crowd, ignorants and the worse group are the people who only see the proverbial tip of their nose in life. I photograph things that draw my spontaneous attention. It is that simple. So it makes sense to add a comment why. I guess over time it will become a peculiar type of visual diary: other people as main subject but at the same time personally reflective.

truth wrote:
    Nice image Ted. I love that you explain the process here. I often make mental notes of times and places, light and angles that I see in the city. It's always rewarding to see it and then go back and get it later either by chance or intent. There are a few shots that have been evading me for months but eventually they'll work out. IT also points out the complex nautre of urban ladnscapes. Light may nly hit the cervice of the city you're wanting to shoot for a few minutes on any day. Especially when dealing with very large and tall buildings here in Chicago. Combince the short window with the random nature of humans and it really becomes a wildlife / landscape shot. Just as complex as shooting a lion under a certain tree at sunset.