Options

website without the '.smugmug.' in it?

dididaniellephotodididaniellephoto Registered Users Posts: 109 Major grins
edited March 26, 2007 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I just started my site yesterday and I can't figure out why you can't access it by going to www.dididaniellephoto.com alone, it only works if you go to www.dididaniellephoto.smugmug.com and I am not happy with that. I went through the steps to connect my godaddy acct with smugmug, and in my control panel it even shows my website as being www.dididaniellephoto.com, so why isn't it working?

Thanks in advance.

: ) Didi

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2007
    I just started my site yesterday and I can't figure out why you can't access it by going to www.dididaniellephoto.com alone, it only works if you go to www.dididaniellephoto.smugmug.com and I am not happy with that. I went through the steps to connect my godaddy acct with smugmug, and in my control panel it even shows my website as being www.dididaniellephoto.com, so why isn't it working?

Thanks in advance.

Hi, no worries - your CNAME on godaddy isn't set up properly, that's all. If you like, we can do it for you. Simply email the username and pw for your godaddy acct, to us at our help desk - http://www.smugmug.com/help/emailreal and our support heroes can get you set up properly in a jiffy!

Fear not, we do it all the time as an added service for our pros.

wave.gif welcome to SmugMug!
  • Options
    dididaniellephotodididaniellephoto Registered Users Posts: 109 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2007
    I did try to set it up, but it was a tiny bit confusing, I didn't know what to delete, and when I set up new ones, it said they were already there, so I must not have done it effectively. I emailed the help desk, maybe that will help. Thanks so much.

Andy wrote:
    Hi, no worries - your CNAME on godaddy isn't set up properly, that's all. If you like, we can do it for you. Simply email the username and pw for your godaddy acct, to us at our help desk - http://www.smugmug.com/help/emailreal and our support heroes can get you set up properly in a jiffy!

Fear not, we do it all the time as an added service for our pros.

wave.gif welcome to SmugMug!
  • Options
    af-photosaf-photos Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited March 26, 2007
    Will my-name.smugmug.com still work with CNAME ?
    I now have a few web-pages (and emails) referring to my-name.smugmug.com (well, af-photos.smugmug.com, to be precise).

I'm just getting ready to use the CNAME trick.

Will the old name still work after I've set up a CNAME? Or do I need to go and change all my links?
    Alan :thumb
    af-photos.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited March 26, 2007
    What's the protocol here?
    Is it OK to tag a subsidiary question to an existing thread, or is it best to start a new one?
    af-photos.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited March 26, 2007
    af-photos wrote:
    I now have a few web-pages (and emails) referring to my-name.smugmug.com (well, af-photos.smugmug.com, to be precise).

I'm just getting ready to use the CNAME trick.

Will the old name still work after I've set up a CNAME? Or do I need to go and change all my links?
    Your nickname.smugmug.com will always work thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited March 26, 2007
    af-photos wrote:
    Is it OK to tag a subsidiary question to an existing thread, or is it best to start a new one?
    No, it's best to use an existing relevant thread if there is one thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited March 26, 2007
    Boy! That was quick! Thanks
    iloveyou.gif
    Now to hunt down a few relevant threads!
    af-photos.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited March 26, 2007
    Wow! CNAME Seems to be working. (May take a couple of days for the name to propagate to the furthest corners of the web).
    af-photos.smugmug.com