LPS - Entries...

natephotonatephoto Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
edited March 16, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
If this question has already been asked and answered, sorry for the repeat and please direct me there..

"Only one photo may be entered into the contest thread per photographer. You may post your potential entries for comment/critique in a separate thread in the Contests and Challenges Forum."

So does this means that you can only submit one entry per round (so you could submit 20)? [20 rounds]

Or, just submit one photo in one round only out of the entire contest?

And for the semi-finalists, will they take new photos under a new topic, or will their photos just compete with each other?

This might sound like a dumb question... -just want to be sure.

Thanks for the clarification!
--
_:nod Nate____
Canon 1D Mark II N . Canon 20D . Canon Digital Rebel Xti .
Speedlite 430 EX .
Canon : 18-55 kit, 75-300 IS, 70-200 IS f/2.8 L .

Comments

• SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited March 15, 2007
    This is how I understand it:

You can submit 1 photo per qualifying round = 20 images / chances to qualify

Semi-finals will be a new theme / topic and require new images shot during the specified period.
  • natephotonatephoto Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2007
    truth wrote:

Semi-finals will be a new theme / topic and require new images shot during the specified period.

Cool Thanks!:ivar
    --
    _:nod Nate____
    Canon 1D Mark II N . Canon 20D . Canon Digital Rebel Xti .
    Speedlite 430 EX .
    Canon : 18-55 kit, 75-300 IS, 70-200 IS f/2.8 L .
  • claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2007
    truth wrote:

My understanding is almost the same, except that in the subesquent rounds theme is entirely up to the qualifying photographers. In other words you're on your own to come up with something. :D
  • Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2007
    My understanding is almost the same, except that in the subesquent rounds theme is entirely up to the qualifying photographers. In other words you're on your own to come up with something. :D
    That's right! Everyone has up to 20 opportunities to enter a photo during the qualifying rounds. The Semifinals and Grand Finale are open themed. The photographer decides what to shoot.

Every contest one is eligible to enter, you can officially enter one photo. You can change that photo anytime up until the contest ends. Once the contest ends, that's it, your last entered photo is the one that gets judged or voted on.
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
    edited March 16, 2007
    The Semifinals and Grand Finale are open themed. The photographer decides what to shoot.

I didn't realize this. That should be rather interesting.
    edited March 16, 2007
    truth wrote:
    I didn't realize this. That should be rather interesting.

If you win a prize, it will be won based on your own ideas...it's going to be all you! Maximum bragging rights mwink.gif
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
    edited March 16, 2007
    If you win a prize, it will be won based on your own ideas...it's going to be all you! Maximum bragging rights mwink.gif

I prefer having someone else to blame when I lose. :bash
    edited March 16, 2007
    truth wrote:
    I prefer having someone else to blame when I lose. :bash
    Ah, then you need to read the middle line of my signature mwink.gif