Background

Rene`Rene` Registered Users Posts: 207 Major grins
edited March 16, 2007 in Technique
I am doing a shoot this weekend. The set up will be in a well lit (Natural) foyer of a gym. But, the walls are painted a glossy white. Problem is that I usually shoot out side. I don't have a studio set up. It is a little girls pagaent. I don't have regular backgrounds an was planning to use some grey crinkled material for the background. Then I was going to just Photoshop the name of the pageant and the year. There are about 25 girls.

Problem is I live in a small town and I can't find the grey crinkled material. I have 2 options. A black sheet or an off white sheet. Which do you suggest and should I wrinkle them or try to press them perfectly?

Rene`

Comments

• Rene`Rene` Registered Users Posts: 207 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2007
    Could someone please.......
    give me your opinion? headscratch.gifscratchheadscratch.gif I'm stressing.
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2007
    What do you have for lighting?
    Even tho you normally shoot out doors, a lot of photogs still use extra lights (extra meaning more than just the sun).
    Do you have anything for back lights?

If not I would use black and also wrinle it to cut the shape of shadows, and you still would be abe to P-shop the event name and year into it even with a black background.

I tke you are shooting these as indiviual shots and not a group..correct?

You may need two black flat sheets....one on the floor and one for background to give a semi seamless (pro) look.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Rene`Rene` Registered Users Posts: 207 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2007
    Thanks.
    Art,

I don't have extra lights for back light. But can you use any kind of bulb for a backlight? headscratch.gif (And where would I put it.)

And Yes--- individual shots.

I appreciate your response.

I might send you that SD card yet. (The one that is washed and dried.)

Rene`

Art Scott wrote:
    What do you have for lighting?
    Even tho you normally shoot out doors, a lot of photogs still use extra lights (extra meaning more than just the sun).
    Do you have anything for back lights?

If not I would use black and also wrinle it to cut the shape of shadows, and you still would be abe to P-shop the event name and year into it even with a black background.

I tke you are shooting these as indiviual shots and not a group..correct?

You may need two black flat sheets....one on the floor and one for background to give a semi seamless (pro) look.