AMA Superbike @ Daytona (part1)

F45F45 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
edited March 16, 2007 in Sports
Hello Sharpshooters,

The AMA Superbike season opener went by fast...just kidding :rofl:rofl
(sorry, couldn't resist that one)

If you aren't aware, the bikes were racing at Daytona Beach Itn't Speedway which includes the 31 degree high bank on turn 4 as well as an inside road course with a great horseshoe curve.

I'll post a pack of shots here and some more in a "part 2" to help save some band width. Great weekend all around and I had a chance to talk with a couple of shooters from the forums. I also had the pleasure of meeting Maczippy's lovely wife Emily this time! Thanks very much to both of them and the others for making me feel welcomed!!

Here a few highlights (not all action) that I thought you might find interesting...

136261530-L.jpg

136260667-L.jpg

136260743-L.jpg

136261167-L.jpg

136260910-L.jpg

136262042-L.jpg

I'll put some more up in few minutes and you can see another whack of them in my gallery with details if you're interested!

Thanks for looking and as always c&c's are well received :whip
Cheers,

Chris Sedg. :cool
www.christophersedgwick.com

Comments

• HarveyMushmanHarveyMushman Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2007
    Love the light in #2. thumb.gif
    Tim
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2007
    F45 wrote:
    Hello Sharpshooters,
    The AMA Superbike season opener went by fast...just kidding rolleyes1.gifrofl
    (sorry, couldn't resist that one)
    If you aren't aware, the bikes were racing at Daytona Beach Itn't Speedway which includes the 31 degree high bank on turn 4 as well as an inside road course with a great horseshoe curve.
    I'll post a pack of shots here and some more in a "part 2" to help save some band width. Great weekend all around and I had a chance to talk with a couple of shooters from the forums. I also had the pleasure of meeting Maczippy's lovely wife Emily this time! Thanks very much to both of them and the others for making me feel welcomed!!
    Here a few highlights (not all action) that I thought you might find interesting...
    I'll put some more up in few minutes and you can see another whack of them in my gallery with details if you're interested!
    Thanks for looking and as always c&c's are well received :whip

Wow they look great, what an awesome advantage point to shoot the fireworks too thumb.gif I'm sure that would have been a thrilling event to attend and photograph clap.gif Excellent work ..... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • CookieSCookieS Registered Users Posts: 854 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2007
    So Where is the gallery and details ?????ne_nau.gif
  • StormdancingStormdancing Registered Users Posts: 917 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2007
    CookieS wrote:

http://fotorevs.smugmug.com/gallery/2585812#136260667

Great shots Chris!!!!!!!! I was getting ready to email you and asked how it went, but now I see.
    Dana
    ** Feel free to edit my photos if you see room for improvement.**
    Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if
    no birds sang there except those that sang best.
    ~Henry Van Dyke
  • F45F45 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2007
    CookieS wrote:
    CookieS,

Under my signature you'll find a gallery link (thanks Stormdancing for also pointing out the link!).
    Click on a thumbnail and it will appear to the right hand side. You can click on that image for the full size shot but if you simply hover over it first, a side menu will pop out and there will be a "photo info" icon which has all the details.
    Cheers,

• F45F45 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2007
    Skippy wrote:
    Wow they look great, what an awesome advantage point to shoot the fireworks too thumb.gif I'm sure that would have been a thrilling event to attend and photograph clap.gif Excellent work ..... Skippy
    Thanks Skippy,

I did have tons of fun covering the event but personally I found it to be a rather difficult track to photograph as so much of the racing takes place on the tri-oval. The fireworks on the other hand were a welcomed surprise!
    Cheers,