Passing of Monte Zucker

JimFuglestadJimFuglestad Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
edited March 16, 2007 in People
Wasn't really sure where to put this, cuz I'm not posting any pics, but the People forum seems like just the right place to recognize the passing of a photographic icon such as Monte Zucker, who died of cancer on Thursday evening.

Truly Monte Zucker was one of the greatest portrait photographers... an amazing talent. A classic portrait artist.

I had the pleasure of meeting Monte once... for about 5 minutes... and his authenticity shone through.

It just kinda sucks to see so many photographers passing recently. At the same time, exciting to see so many just catching fire.

*raising my glass*

Jim
Live with intention.
Walk to the edge.
Listen hard.
Pratice wellness.
Play with abandon.
Laugh.
Choose with no regrets.
Appreciate your friends.
Continue to learn.
Do what you love.
Live as if this is all there is.

Comments

• Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2007
    Wasn't really sure where to put this, cuz I'm not posting any pics, but the People forum seems like just the right place to recognize the passing of a photographic icon such as Monte Zucker, who died of cancer on Thursday evening.

Truly Monte Zucker was one of the greatest portrait photographers... an amazing talent. A classic portrait artist.

I had the pleasure of meeting Monte once... for about 5 minutes... and his authenticity shone through.

It just kinda sucks to see so many photographers passing recently. At the same time, exciting to see so many just catching fire.

*raising my glass*

Jim

That is sad to hear indeed. Thank you for the heads up!
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2007
    So sorry to hear that...
    I discovered his lessons and examples and found them such a big help. You could tell he really liked teaching and sharing. Very sad news.
  • bsvirginianbsvirginian Registered Users Posts: 241 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2007
    :cry I too am saddened. Although I didn't agree with some of his beliefs I did recognize his abilities to take a lot of the mystery out of portraiture and weddings. My wife and I participated in a week long seminar with he and his staff about 10 years ago. What he showed us turned our wedding business around. But there is still Clay and others that he mentored. BSbowdown.gif