Steamy (at the dry-cleaners)

j photogj photog Registered Users Posts: 124 Major grins
edited March 16, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
I was going for an old, worn look here.
What do you guys think? Better PP, I'm sure.

136390454-L-3.jpg
art is life

Comments

• j photogj photog Registered Users Posts: 124 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2007
    Please. Feel free to tear me apart guys...
    I need feedback. This was a last effort on a very busy sked.
    art is life
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2007
    J.p.,
    j photog wrote:
    I need feedback. This was a last effort on a very busy sked.

It does look old, you got it. thumb.gif
    However, to me the hand and the bags below are pure distractions. Steam would be, like, #10th thing on my mind when I look at this picture. ne_nau.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
    edited March 16, 2007
    Nikolai wrote:
    It does look old, you got it. thumb.gif
    However, to me the hand and the bags below are pure distractions. Steam would be, like, #10th thing on my mind when I look at this picture. ne_nau.gif

thanks....i think maybe i should bring out the steam more??? i don't have the opportunity to get there again. there is steam coming out. maybe i should crop it?
    art is life
    edited March 16, 2007
    j photog wrote:
    thanks....i think maybe i should bring out the steam more??? i don't have the opportunity to get there again. there is steam coming out. maybe i should crop it?

Possibly... Clone out the arm, crop out the bottom, apply some curves to make sure the steam is pronounced...

Good luck! thumb.gif
    edited March 16, 2007
    Ah geez
    Nikolai wrote:
    Possibly... Clone out the arm, crop out the bottom, apply some curves to make sure the steam is pronounced...

Good luck! thumb.gif

I'm working on the cloning bit. Not really digging it so far. I kind of liked the hand in the photo. I'm trying a different edge here. What about this one?136466334-L.jpg
    art is life
    edited March 16, 2007
    not feelin' it
    it could be work. it could be st. pats coming up. but i'm not feeling anything i have. i think i'm trying but *sighs* i just can't get inspired!!!
    art is life
    edited March 16, 2007
    J.p.,
    j photog wrote:
    I'm working on the cloning bit. Not really digging it so far. I kind of liked the hand in the photo. I'm trying a different edge here. What about this one?

Sorry, this one does not bring it at all. ne_nau.gif
    It's soft, it's noisy, it's not telling any story.. There is something steam-like on the background, but that's about it...

Hey, maybe it's time to try some chilled beer.gif ? mwink.gif
    edited March 16, 2007
    Nikolai wrote:
    Sorry, this one does not bring it at all. ne_nau.gif
    It's soft, it's noisy, it's not telling any story.. There is something steam-like on the background, but that's about it...

Hey, maybe it's time to try some chilled beer.gif ? mwink.gif
    Hahahaha! I need to get liquiored up. I shall get dressed and take out my camera. It being Texas, I wasn't feeling the chilled mood but between tonight and St. Pats, chilled may give way to better. I'm just bummed that I got a chance to be at a cleaners for five minutes and failed miserably while trying to get fast shots. Maybe the 50 prime wasn't a good idea.ne_nau.gif
    art is life