SmugMug for backups

ZenigataZenigata Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited March 17, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Hi,
do you think SmugMug, in additin to tools like AlbumFetcher, is a reliable service for pictures backups? I also have my backups on DVDs, but I need more security.

Thanks.

Comments

• SheafSheaf Registered Users, SmugMug Product Team Posts: 775 SmugMug Employee
    edited March 16, 2007
    Zenigata wrote:
    Hi,
    do you think SmugMug, in additin to tools like AlbumFetcher, is a reliable service for pictures backups? I also have my backups on DVDs, but I need more security.

Thanks.
    Since I work for Smugmug, I am undoubtedly quite biased, but I can tell you that we keep four copies of each photo in three different states.

When the founders started the company, they realized that they were few things more precious to people than their photos. We take it very, very seriously.

Edit: And welcome to Dgrin!
    SmugMug Product Manager
  • ZenigataZenigata Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited March 16, 2007
    Sheaf wrote:
    When the founders started the company, they realized that they were few things more precious to people than their photos. We take it very, very seriously.

Hi, thak you for you reply. Will SmugMug continue to support bulk downloads via its API? It's important to have redoundant hardware, but it's also important for me to easily download a lot of pictures if something bad happens at my home backups.

Thanks.
  • SheafSheaf Registered Users, SmugMug Product Team Posts: 775 SmugMug Employee
    edited March 17, 2007
    Zenigata wrote:
    Hi, thak you for you reply. Will SmugMug continue to support bulk downloads via its API? It's important to have redoundant hardware, but it's also important for me to easily download a lot of pictures if something bad happens at my home backups.

Thanks.

I don't have a definitive answer, but as far as I know there is no plan to remove that functionality.
    SmugMug Product Manager
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2007
    Zenigata wrote:

Thanks.
    It's one of our core beliefs. Your photos are your photos. We'll never make it harder for you to get your photos back, because Vendor Lock-in Sucks. That's from almost 2 years ago, we firmly believe in it.