Things that make you go hmmmmmmm.

waynedsargentwaynedsargent Registered Users Posts: 100 Big grins
edited March 16, 2007 in Cameras
I just called bestbuy looking for a 30d. They said they had none due to canon calling all the 30d stock back. Why do you suppose they would do such a thing? If they were going to replace it don't you think they would just let the outstanding stock dwindle? Could they be setting up new kits??:scratch I am gonna call CSI they will get to the bottom of it.

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,078 moderator
    edited March 16, 2007
    I just called bestbuy looking for a 30d. They said they had none due to canon calling all the 30d stock back. Why do you suppose they would do such a thing? If they were going to replace it don't you think they would just let the outstanding stock dwindle? Could they be setting up new kits??headscratch.gif I am gonna call CSI they will get to the bottom of it.

Call some more places in your area. I'm not seeing that any of the online sources have shortages and no one else is talking about a recall relating to Canon, except an older lens recall.

(B&H shows 6 different configurations of the 30D as being "In Stock". Adorama shows 3 configurations.)

It kinda sounds like Best Buy doesn't want to be your camera store.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • DRabbitDRabbit Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2007
    I just called bestbuy looking for a 30d. They said they had none due to canon calling all the 30d stock back. Why do you suppose they would do such a thing? If they were going to replace it don't you think they would just let the outstanding stock dwindle? Could they be setting up new kits??headscratch.gif I am gonna call CSI they will get to the bottom of it.

You Best Buy might be a bit behind... PMA they announced new 30D kits. I don't have the link now, but I remember reading about it. One of the kits will be the 30D + 28-135 IS.
    Amy :D
    Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

The Dang Gallery on DangRabbit - Follow me on Twitter or on Facebook
    Leica M8: Zeiss 35mm f/2 Biogon and 50mm f/2 Planar; Voigtlander 15mm f/4.5, 50mm f/1.5 Nokton and 75mm f/2.5 Heliar
    Olympus E-P1: Zuiko 14-42 and 25mm f/2.8 Pancake; Panasonic 45-200mm and 20mm f/1.7; and M-to-m4/3 adaptor
    Olympus e620: Zuiko 14-54 f/2.8-3.5