Unwilling model

carmel6942carmel6942 Registered Users Posts: 154 Major grins
edited March 17, 2007 in People
This is a picture of my daughter. She was coloring on our couch and didn't want anything to do with having her picture taken. I have had my D50 about a month now and have been reading and asking questions on the Techniques forum. Tell me how I did. When I figure out how to attach more than one picture thread I will post more.

136496944-L.jpg
Carl

Comments

• NimaiNimai Registered Users Posts: 564 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2007
    This photo has two things I really like, especially when photographing children. These aren't technical things, just my opinion. I love the tight close-up of the face, and I love the natural, un-posed expression.
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2007
    Beautiful shot!!!

What could be better? I would love to see this with natural light instead of a flash. I think children especially, but just about everyone , looks better and softer with natural light. If there were a window in the direction her face is facing (Laughing.gif!), try raising your iso and selecting a wide aperature (low f-stop number) and see how it looks. I'm absolutely in love with any type of natural light!

But the expression and tight crop are very well done!
  • carmel6942carmel6942 Registered Users Posts: 154 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2007
    Thank you Nimai and photogmamma.

I was hand holding the camera and it was about 9pm so I had no extra light to use. Tomorrow I plan on trying to get some natural light shots though.
    Carl