Options

My first Senior Portraits!

brenandcompanybrenandcompany Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited March 20, 2007 in People
Hello! I'd like to share a photo from my first Senior Portrait session! I'm finding that I really like this field and hope to do more. I had a second session with a young man this week too, so I will share that in another thread.
Constructive criticism welcomed!
Go to my smugmug page to view the whole gallery. I hope I have attached correctly!

Thanks!!
Becca

Comments

• Options
    gavingavin Registered Users Posts: 411 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2007
    The pose i like it. Maybe clone out the green window on the left? IMo distracting. THe portrait overall i do not really like. For a couple of reasons.

The skin is to hot. makes her look really pasty white.

Her hair is covering her eyes. You cannot see them. This is the most imortant part in a portrait of a person.

ALso her eyes look really out of focus and cloudy. Not srure what was goin on there.
    D700 and some glass

www.gjohnstone.com
  • Options
    coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2007
    Looking through your other ones of her, you have a lot that are better than this one, in my opinion, but a recurring issue I see is overexposure, blown highlights, bright skin, and all that. There's a lot of great shots there though, that's the only thing that bugs me about them.

I like the ones of her sitting against the railing, I think the shade puts a better light on her, except where the sunlight leaks through and splashes lines of bright across her face.
    John Borland
    www.morffed.com
  • Options
    brenandcompanybrenandcompany Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited March 17, 2007
    Thank you!
    Thank you both so much for your critque. I used an action on these called "crazy color" which does give it a blown look. I will try a different editing process and see if I can get the skin to look more natural.
    Thanks again! I appreciate your time!
    Becca
  • Options
    NimaiNimai Registered Users Posts: 564 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2007
    I figured the blown-out look was intentional, and I can see the subject liking the resulting image, and in the end, that's what matters. I find myself using filters that result in this sort of look some time using Virtual Photographer. I really love that FREE plugin!
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2007
    I looked through the thumbs of all the shots and even some larges of a select few. You have some very wonderful images here. I especially liked aes115. that was just fantastic! Love the way you used the sun as a hair/rim light for her hair as filling the shadow side (her face) so well. Just a lovely shot.
  • Options
    Barefoot and NaturalBarefoot and Natural Registered Users Posts: 586 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2007
    I have to agree......you have some wonderful shots in the gallery!!!
    She should be overjoyed with the results!

Wonderful series of portraits!!!

Heather
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2007
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2007
    I think you have a lot of great shots! I'm not wild about the 'action' used, but she may love it, it's a personal taste. It's interesting to see how the wardrobe changes changed her appearance in the shots. I much prefer the jeans and pink shirt to the other outfits. I did not like the black shirt and she looks slimmer in the last outfit. Gives her some options and she has a lot of good shots to choose from. Great job. thumb.gif