My first attempt at LPS

photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
edited March 17, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
I've already entered this, but am not 100% sure about it... I would LOVE to get feedback. Is this a good idea? Bad idea? Good shot? Bad shot? Should I change it?

I think I can retake it tomorrow morning, but not telling what it'll look like. This puddle keeps melting and reforming so it's different each day.

Any feedback would be GREAT!

136597557-L.jpg

Canon EOS 5D
85mm f/1.8 lens
1/2500 sec
f/2.0
ISO 160

Comments

• eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2007
    I've already entered this, but am not 100% sure about it... I would LOVE to get feedback. Is this a good idea? Bad idea? Good shot? Bad shot? Should I change it?

I think I can retake it tomorrow morning, but not telling what it'll look like. This puddle keeps melting and reforming so it's different each day.

Any feedback would be GREAT!
    I like the concept and I think it would work well if you could really isolate the incredible detail in the ice. Right now the angle is too low and the background and dirt to the right distracts from those intricate details.
    E
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited March 17, 2007
    At that angle the shallow DOF is not working for me. Too much blur that really does not help to isolate anything in particular. Cool detail on the crystals though.
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2007
    Thanks a TON. I've been trying to figure out what's "wrong" and that helps a ton...

I'll *try* to retake in the morning. Cross your fingers for the puddle not to evaporate.

Thanks again!
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2007
    i'm sorry to say, but i can't figure out what i'm looking at here. if you hadnt given a description i would be clueless. i think going back and trying another angle is your best bet. i think a wider dof would help this shot as well.
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2007
    binghott wrote:
    i'm sorry to say, but i can't figure out what i'm looking at here. if you hadnt given a description i would be clueless. i think going back and trying another angle is your best bet. i think a wider dof would help this shot as well.

Thanks so much! I was wondering... :)