dual Dell 1801FP Calibration

sskoutassskoutas Registered Users Posts: 437 Major grins
edited March 17, 2007 in Finishing School
I've got a pair of Dell 1801FP's that are running on a PC through an ATi Radeon 9600 128MB AGP card. Don't know if all of that matters, I just want to give you enough background to be able to answer the question. I've noticed the obvious (I'm good at that)... the two monitors don't match each other. I went out today and bought the Pantone Huey. I ran it on the primary monitor, the switched the secondary monitor to primary, and ran it on that one. Each of the monitors now shows a different, unique profile under color management. The left monitor looks good to me, the right seems a bit green. I set the desktop color to Windows Grey to illustrate, and snapped the below shot. I don't think the shot is a very good illustration because the differences are greater than they appear in this image. My concern is that this graphics card has one analog and one digital out, so perhaps that is the issue. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Sample image:
136646665-L.jpg

Please feel free to retouch and repost my images. Critique, Suggestions, and Technique tips always welcomed.