St Patricks Day Soccer tournament in Columbia, SC

RandySmugMugRandySmugMug Registered Users Posts: 1,651 Major grins
edited March 20, 2007 in Sports

Comments

• ozandrewozandrew Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited March 18, 2007
    These are awesome... I hope one day I can get the same clarity in my images!
  • RandySmugMugRandySmugMug Registered Users Posts: 1,651 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2007
    ozandrew wrote:
    These are awesome... I hope one day I can get the same clarity in my images!

thx Andrew
  • donekdonek Registered Users Posts: 655 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2007
    Randy,

Very nice shots.

I just got my schedule from the local paper and will be shooting a few soccer games. I shot my first on Tuesday and wasn't too impressed with my results. I think I may be shooting from the wrong location. I spent most of the time by the goal. Any suggestions for the rest of us. Best location for good action. Any other soccer specific tips. Here are a couple of my shots from Tuesday.

Could use a tighter crop, but I've pretty much maxed it out already:
    137301519-M.jpg

137301538-M.jpg

Thanks for any advice,
    Sean Martin
    www.seanmartinphoto.com

aaaaa.... who am I kidding!

whoever dies with the biggest coolest piece of glass, wins!
  • RandySmugMugRandySmugMug Registered Users Posts: 1,651 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2007
    donek wrote:
    Randy,

Very nice shots.

I just got my schedule from the local paper and will be shooting a few soccer games. I shot my first on Tuesday and wasn't too impressed with my results. I think I may be shooting from the wrong location. I spent most of the time by the goal. Any suggestions for the rest of us. Best location for good action. Any other soccer specific tips. Here are a couple of my shots from Tuesday.

Could use a tighter crop, but I've pretty much maxed it out already:

Thanks for any advice,

your pics look good
    Shoot w/ the sun to your back or over your shoulder
    If the backgrounds are busy shoot wide open (f2.8)...
    remember that more dof is good and most lenses show better IQ stopped down a little so f4 is very nice.
    Watch the game thru the camera. Your arms will get tired but your shots will rock. Follow the ball w/ the cam. Keep your other eye on the game as well. This takes some time to get used to. Shoot at least 400 pics a game. In the beginning you will throw away alot but will be able to see what works and what doesn't. Set ev to -.3 or -.7 if it's bright out. Chk the histogram often to make sure u r not blowing out whites & reds. Avoid bursts unless the action is in your face and intense.