smugmug style - Firefox vs IE

tonydtonyd Registered Users Posts: 213 Major grins
edited March 17, 2007 in SmugMug Support
When viewing a gallery using 'smugmug' style there are 5 rows of 3 thumbnails using Firefox(1.5 and 2.0.0.2). Yet viewing the same with IE (v6,7) I only see 3 rows of 3 thumbnails. On my wife's laptop, both FF and IE only display 3 x 3 in the 'smugmug' style.

Does anyone know what controls how FF and IE display the smugmug style and if there is any way to make it consistant?

I doesn't seem t omatter if we view my galleries or anyone else that allows selection of the viewing style...

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2007
    tonyd wrote:
    When viewing a gallery using 'smugmug' style there are 5 rows of 3 thumbnails using Firefox(1.5 and 2.0.0.2). Yet viewing the same with IE (v6,7) I only see 3 rows of 3 thumbnails. On my wife's laptop, both FF and IE only display 3 x 3 in the 'smugmug' style.

Does anyone know what controls how FF and IE display the smugmug style and if there is any way to make it consistant?

I doesn't seem t omatter if we view my galleries or anyone else that allows selection of the viewing style...
    Tony, it depends on the screen size / viewport size. We autodetect how much room's available and serve up the right amount of thumbs and main image size thumb.gif

Take your firefox window and make it narrower, you'll see that we automagically switch to 9thumbs and a smaller main image :)
  • tonydtonyd Registered Users Posts: 213 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2007
    Ok, I see that now. I don't use IE that much so it's window size is usually smaller to keep it out of my way.

I see that main image is made smaller for a more narrow browser view port, but switching from 15 to 9 thumbs doesn't seem to provide any benefit to a more narrow size ne_nau.gif

In any case, thanks for clarifying. Before I asked the question I was making the browser shorter and taller to see if that would make a difference since that is where I figured having too many rows would be a problem rolleyes1.gif

Perhaps autodectect of height should be also added to automagic switching algorithm ne_nau.gif