2web_1.jpg

1web.jpg

Thanks for looking,
Mike V

Comments

• Options
    adrian_kadrian_k Registered Users Posts: 557 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2007
    ok, first, beware of branches growing out of head syndrome.

I'm not wild about your B&W conversion. I think (IMHO) that all shots lack punch. The younger girl's face in the first shot is a little lost in the shadows. And the black jumper shows no detail at all. You could have had then turn into the sun a little.

All the shots look a little staged and not natural.

The composition of the 3rd is a little freaky. You'll probably say that that was the way they were standing. I'm probably reading too much into the 'meaning' - it's not a photo o 3 kids, it's a photo of 2 kids and one on the outside.

The second shot is good - just her smile looks a little unnatural.

All easy to say in hindsight, I know. Getting kids to pose when they don't feel comfortable shows.

It's not back to the drawing board at all, so hopefully my comments aren't too harsh and won't put you off.

[edit] - I've just noticed the title of your thread and that explains alot..
    vandecarr wrote:

Thanks for looking,
    Mike V
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Adrian
    my stuff is here.....
  • Options
    vandecarrvandecarr Registered Users Posts: 86 Big grins
    edited March 18, 2007
    Thanks for the pointers I appreciate it.

Mike V
  • Options
    Barefoot and NaturalBarefoot and Natural Registered Users Posts: 586 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2007
    I get twig, branches, full blown walls coming out of my childrens heads....
    That takes time to master!! HAHAHA

I think these are nice...I really like #2 personally! She looks like she is giving the expression, i get out of my oldest when i try to take her picture.

Keep on a snappin'!!

Heather