Found My First Camera Today

Jeff FillmoreJeff Fillmore Registered Users Posts: 411 Major grins
edited March 18, 2007 in Holy Macro
I stumbled on my actual first camera today- a Circa 1950's Argus C4. I used it quite a bit when I was a teenager (it was 30 years old then :huh ) It's kind of grimey from being chunked on a bookshelf at my parents house since probably the last time I touched it 20+ years ago. Thought I might clean it up, check it out, and give it a try.

Here is what it looks like...

136716119-L.jpg

136716151-L.jpg

136716194-L.jpg

136716246-L.jpg

136716288-L.jpg

136716325-L.jpg

136716400-L.jpg

I even found a manual for it online Here - (Warning- Big File)
Thanks!
Jeff

flickr

Comments

• DLutzDLutz Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited March 18, 2007
    great to find a old friend.... I would love to have my old Minolta SRT-101 just for old times sake, I didn't know better and I sold the darn thing :(
    --Daniel
    "Capturing Moments in Time Since 1975"
    For more of my images check out my photo blog:
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2007
    gdad wrote:
    I stumbled on my actual first camera today- a Circa 1950's Argus C4. I used it quite a bit when I was a teenager (it was 30 years old then eek7.gif ) It's kind of grimey from being chunked on a bookshelf at my parents house since probably the last time I touched it 20+ years ago. Thought I might clean it up, check it out, and give it a try.

Here is what it looks like...
    I even found a manual for it online Here - (Warning- Big File)

Wow, so you've kept it all these years hu :D
    I kept my first SLR too, it's a Minolta XE-1 also know as XE-7,
    heavy as anything, made out of Metal too, I brought it in 1979,
    after that I moved onto the Minolta X700 still got that one too :D

Nice little piece of history to re-discover, I'm keeping mine for sentimental value ......thanks for sharing :D .... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • DalantechDalantech Registered Users Posts: 1,519 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2007
    Have you tried taking some photos with it? You could put a roll of color positive slide film in it and if the exposure is good then you know the shutter still works...
    My SmugMug Gallery

Looking for tips on macro photography? Check out my Blog: No Cropping Zone.
  • bsvirginianbsvirginian Registered Users Posts: 241 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2007
    :D The C-4 was way out of my budget at the time. I was weaned on the C-2 & C-3. It's unbelievable that ARGUS was a big name in both movies and still photography. I remember is as looking thru a straw to view images. Great piece of history. BSthumb.gif