HS Ladies' Lacrosse

StevenVStevenV Registered Users Posts: 1,174 Major grins
edited March 19, 2007 in Sports
suiting up for a chilly St.Paddy's day game

136848027-L.jpg

sprinting downfield

136828455-L.jpg

a little loose, but showing context (and a goal)

136826619-L.jpg

Comments

• wmstummewmstumme Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2007
    Nice Shots!!

At least you got games in. We we're iced out here in MD.

On the last one, what do you mean by "a little loose"--the crop? I think the crop was perfect--as it gives the right perspective on what was going on at that moment.

If you don't mind--a question: Where do you like to set up for girl's lax photos? I basically roll through three positions:

1) one the sideline to the opponent goalie's left --so I can get some shots of girls coming down the sideline with the ball (most girls are righthanded and naturally come down that side to protect the ball)
    2) near the restraining line focsuing on the goalie--to get some shots from behind the girls shooting
    3) behind the goal, to the goalie's left--to get the faces of the girls shooting (again, most girls are righthanded and will come down that side to protect the ball--even thought it gives them the least shooting angle...)

Would love to hear what others do...

Thanks

Will
    Regards

Will
    Hey Will, where'bouts in MD? I graduated from Centennial, in the Ellicott City/Columbia area.

Yea, I meant "loose" as in the crop - most of the sports shooters here seem to prefer tighter shots.

I don't really have one favorite spot (other than behind the goal, which much nicer than boys games where the referees understandably won't let me stay there :D). I tend to walk the whole perimiter of the field. I do prefer the area behind goal extended, mostly to get the offense facing me, but then I remind myself that I need to get defensive players as well.

And of course I always end up at the "wrong" end of the field, chasing the action (or wishing I had a longer lens mwink.gif )
  • wmstummewmstumme Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2007
    Steven:

I'm in Anne Arundel Co, near Glen Burnie and Severna Park...I went to Old Mill...
    StevenV wrote:
    And of course I always end up at the "wrong" end of the field, chasing the action (or wishing I had a longer lens mwink.gif )

What kind of lens are you using? I just got a Sigma 50-500, and really like extra length. Heavy, but with a monopod it worked well--but I wasn't used to being a little more stationary. I was able use it for the first time last Tuesday (when it was in the 70s) before we had an ice storm a couple of days later. Please take a look at the gallery: http://willspix.smugmug.com/gallery/2578922 I welcome any comments.

I'm just getting in to trying pick up some loose change from parents, etc. Looks like you've been doing this for a while. I'd love to get any advice you could share. (I know I've got to clean up my site--I've just been trying to take some photos and get them posted...)

PS: Send some of the warm weather north... We better get in some games this weekend!!
    Regards

Will
    I've just got a 10D with a 70-200 myself. You're getting some really nice shots there with that longer lens. Good stuff
    wmstumme wrote:
    I'm just getting in to trying pick up some loose change from parents, etc.
    likewise, and I've really only been doing it for a coupl'a years. the only "secret" is to get in good with the booster club and get them to publicise your site.

Trust me, if I had a way to send you some warm wx, I'd do it in a heartbeat.