Baby Chase

jsedlakjsedlak Registered Users Posts: 487 Major grins
edited March 18, 2007 in People
I was asked to take some photos of Treasure's nephew, Chase, recently. My only regrets were not contrasting his skin color with a blanket behind him on the couch, but I will remember it for next time. The family has been very patient and nice to work with (they are like family to me) and have so far liked what I have produced. He, like Treasure, is very photographable and liked looking at his pictures in the LCD. All photos below are edited but not cropped.

Note: This is one of the few times that I will ask you not to download/modify the photos. But I would still love suggestions on how to improve my work. I thank you much for this. :thumb

From a pure photography P.O.V., I am absolutely in love with the 24-105L. I took out the 50mm f/1.8 hoping to get some lovely bokeh shots, but threw away almost all the images it produced. The clarity provided by the L just couldn't be beat and the f/1.8 was way too shallow. I am finding more and more that f4 is a wonderful aperature to be at as it gives creamy backgrounds but good depth of field for the object in focus.

1) Day 1, forgot to take off the bib
09ab3421das.jpg

2) Day 2, never thought about the couch color and was shooting into the light.
asd23sd0931ds092.jpg

3) Day 2, caught this randomly but unfortunately he didn't smile.
asd231sd239s0ad.jpg

4) Day 2, he was in his chair playing with some toys
sda9301sd2sda23s.jpg

Comments

• lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2007
    jsedlak wrote:
    I was asked to take some photos of Treasure's nephew, Chase, recently. My only regrets were not contrasting his skin color with a blanket behind him on the couch, but I will remember it for next time. The family has been very patient and nice to work with (they are like family to me) and have so far liked what I have produced. He, like Treasure, is very photographable and liked looking at his pictures in the LCD. All photos below are edited but not cropped.

Note: This is one of the few times that I will ask you not to download/modify the photos. But I would still love suggestions on how to improve my work. I thank you much for this. thumb.gif

From a pure photography P.O.V., I am absolutely in love with the 24-105L. I took out the 50mm f/1.8 hoping to get some lovely bokeh shots, but threw away almost all the images it produced. The clarity provided by the L just couldn't be beat and the f/1.8 was way too shallow. I am finding more and more that f4 is a wonderful aperature to be at as it gives creamy backgrounds but good depth of field for the object in focus.

1) Day 1, forgot to take off the bib

2) Day 2, never thought about the couch color and was shooting into the light.

3) Day 2, caught this randomly but unfortunately he didn't smile.

4) Day 2, he was in his chair playing with some toys
    I like (1).. but I think the crop might be a little tight. I agree with you re the color in (2) I really like 3 even tho he's not smiling, I think a tighter crop would add more drama.. lovely baby :D
  • jsedlakjsedlak Registered Users Posts: 487 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2007
    lynnma wrote:
    I like (1).. but I think the crop might be a little tight. I agree with you re the color in (2) I really like 3 even tho he's not smiling, I think a tighter crop would add more drama.. lovely baby :D

Thank you for the comments. I was having trouble filling the frame, but not cropping out too much. I also just noticed Treasure's fingers in the shot to the left in (1).. but that can be cropped out upon purchasing.