My image for steam

DizzyDizzy Registered Users Posts: 121 Major grins
edited March 19, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Had a bit of a problem with color and density with this image due to the difference between an lcd(or plasma not sure what the laptop is) and a crt monitor. Had to compromise for the final entry between the two results. What do you think? Can you tell the difference? THX Dizzy

136805380-L.jpg

136863630-L.jpg

Second will be entered.

Comments

• photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2007
    You can see the "steam" much better in the second... Nice shot! I agree - #2 is the one! Cool!
  • DizzyDizzy Registered Users Posts: 121 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2007
    You can see the "steam" much better in the second... Nice shot! I agree - #2 is the one! Cool!

Thanks, this image has the longest set up time of any yet. Can I ask what type of monitor you are looking at it with? Just trying to get a grip on it, as we are looking at getting me a new monitor in the future. THX again - dizzy
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited March 18, 2007
    #2 and it's not even close. Dell 2007FP / 2407WFP lcd's.
  • DizzyDizzy Registered Users Posts: 121 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2007
    truth wrote:
    #2 and it's not even close. Dell 2007FP / 2407WFP lcd's.

Yeah, that was the problem. On my husband's laptop the steam is pretty blown out, which wasn't what I was looking for and on my pc monitor it is non-existant. Very strange, that. Any ideas on how to compensate for the differences? Outside of not doing anymore steam pix? :D But thanks for taking a look anyway. - Dizzy
  • salazarsalazar Registered Users Posts: 392 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2007
    On both these monitors #2 is the best. One monitor is a Dell 1905FP set to factory defaults, the other is an old MAG CRT set to 100% contrast and 70% brightness. The dragon in the smoke in the first image is almost impossible to make out even after comparing the first to the second. In the second image it is obvious (but not overt).

Great submission. Good Luck!
    Please feel free to retouch and repost my images. Critique, Suggestions, and Technique tips always welcomed. Thanks for your interest.