Account limits

ZenigataZenigata Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited March 19, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Hi,
is there any technical limits in the number of galleries I can open or in the number of picture inside a gallery?

Thanks

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2007
    Zenigata wrote:
    Hi,
    is there any technical limits in the number of galleries I can open or in the number of picture inside a gallery?

Thanks
    wave.gif Hi!

With SmugMug,

* no limits on # of photos
    * no limits on # of galleries
    * no limits on # of photos in a gallery
    * no limits, period :D

I hope this helps!
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    * no limits on # of photos in a gallery
    To give you an idea of how no limits can look like here´s a snippet from one of the last release notes:
    "The new pagepicker threw a fit on one gallery with 27,000+ pages (400,000+ photos). Fixed. "
    Apparently there´s someone having a gallery with more than 400,000 pictures...:D

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • SheafSheaf Registered Users, SmugMug Product Team Posts: 775 SmugMug Employee
    edited March 19, 2007
    To give you an idea of how no limits can look like here´s a snippet from one of the last release notes:
    "The new pagepicker threw a fit on one gallery with 27,000+ pages (400,000+ photos). Fixed. "
    Apparently there´s someone having a gallery with more than 400,000 pictures...:D

Sebastian

Sorry, as awesome as that sounds, it's not quite true.

I don't know how many photos are in the largest user's gallery, but that particular "gallery" was actually the 'Wedding' keyword photos.

http://www.smugmug.com/keyword/all/wedding

We tested a huge number of possible situations, but somehow overlooked the possibility that such a massive gallery would kill the new pagepicker (possibly because we didn't have nearly that many photos in our testbed).
    SmugMug Product Manager
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2007
    Sheaf wrote:
    Sorry, as awesome as that sounds, it's not quite true.

I don't know how many photos are in the largest user's gallery, but that particular "gallery" was actually the 'Wedding' keyword photos.
    Ahh, thanks Sheaf for clearing this up. I really thought someone had done such a crazy thing even though I couldn´t imagine on how to manage such a gallery.

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero