LPS 1: Industrial

Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
edited March 18, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Windy, cold day. Cold, harsh environment. Let me know - worthy?

Color:

136912293-M.jpg

136912309-M.jpg

Or monochrome:

136912285-M.jpg

136912314-M.jpg

136914410-M.jpg

ann

Comments

• FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2007
    Hi Ann!!

The subject matter doesn't grab me particularly, but for the challenge I like the second (in color) and the same shot in monochrome. For me the wind swept grass adds to the feeling of desolation and loneliness. Actually, the more I look at them, the more I like them. I find myself imagining the refinery (if that is what it is) having been built by men on a planet where mankind is long gone leaving the machinery to work away in the desolate landscape until it runs out of steam.

On balance, I like the color version best.

Virginia

Email
  • Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2007
    Hi Virginia
    Well, I don't think it is likeable subject matter, so that part is okay (although the refineries at night look really cool).

Does it represent chilly?

I acutally like the monochrome, and wonder about going more high key with one of them...

Thanks for the feedback

ann
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2007
    I can't say that the pictures scream "chilly" but they do show "steam" and the snow in the longer shots suggests winter, hence chilly. Really, Ann, I'm not sure what the judges will be looking for. Myself, I am looking for good photographs that stand on their own. They don't have to "scream" the theme. Some connection, is, of course, necessary, but I think you have that with any oyour proposed entries.

I would go with the version that pleases you the most artistically. Good luck. thumb.gif

Virginia

Email