What happened to my smileys?

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
edited January 26, 2005 in Dgrin Forum Support
The defaul set of smileys (display on the right hand side of the editor) has suddenly changed few days ago.. or is it me?
If not - I wonder what was the reason for the change? To bring the green face over?:rolleyes
I kinda got accustomed to the old one, you know.. It's definitely not the screen real estate issue, as far as there is a lot more to spare (I'd say about 3 more rows at least). What else, bandwidth? Highly doubt that..
Thus far I only see this as "change for the sake of change", kinda strange and totally uncalled for..

Or may be I'm getting old..:scratch

Cheers!:1drink
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2005
    A few new smilies were added and two had their names changed, including one now named after lynnma: :lynn

: crazy :crazy
    : rolleyes rolleyes1.gif
    : uhoh :uhoh

Is this a problem for you?
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2005
    I don't have a problem with the new stuff
    fish wrote:
    A few new smilies were added and two had their names changed, including one now named after lynnma: :lynn

: rolleyes rolleyes1.gif
    : uhoh :uhoh

Is this a problem for you?
    But I have a problem with the old stuff I used quite often now been gone..:-(

BTW, these ones:
    : Lynn :lynn
    are not even on my "kwik list",
    but these two I used:
    : 1drink 1drink.gif
    : clap clap.gif
    are now gone from it:-((
  • Nee7x7Nee7x7 Registered Users Posts: 459 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2005
    I was wondering too...
    Nikolai wrote:

BTW, these ones:
    : Lynn :lynn
    but these two I used:
    It looks like your favorites are back, Nikolai (but you have to click on the word [More] and scroll down to find 'em, tho).

A question for all you web gurus...Is there a special program you all use to create these smilies somewhere? I'm clueless here. I do enjoy them, but some that I'd like to see are missing (like a simple smile without all the teeth and a simple wink). Guess I'm kinda simple, Laughing.gif! (now see...here the laughing one would work if it wasn't rolling on the floor ;) ....and there's the simple wink I crave!)

The mystery of it all...

I can get all hung up :hang
    Have a fight over it:duel

Or simply leave it at that :gone

But I am curious headscratch.gif

How do you guys make these things icon5.gif

Cheers!
    ~Nee smooch.gif
    http://nee.smugmug.com[/COLOR]
    http://www.pbase.com/rdavis

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence that you tried~
    edited January 26, 2005
    Nikolai wrote:

but these two I used:
    Those smilies are still there. Oh...I see what you're saying...they're not on the first page. I'll work on that. Hang on a sec.

Better?
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2005
    Yay! Thanks, man!!!
    fish wrote:
    Those smilies are still there. Oh...I see what you're saying...they're not on the first page. I'll work on that. Hang on a sec.

Better?
    Muchas gracias!clap.gif
    Cheers!1drink.gif
  • Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited January 26, 2005
    I'm missing two of my fav's. Or, at least one of them. The roll and the lol. The lol smiley still shows up in my old posts, but I can't see it on the list. But, the roll icon, in my older posts, has been replaced by :roll :cry

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2005
    I'm missing two of my fav's. Or, at least one of them. The roll and the lol. The lol smiley still shows up in my old posts, but I can't see it on the list. But, the roll icon, in my older posts, has been replaced by :roll :cry

Steve

are you clicking "more" and then you'll see the whole list ...

steve, try :lol4 (colon+lol4)
  • patch29patch29 Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,928 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2005
    I have used Adobe ImageReady to modify and create animated smilies, sometimes using PS to change a frame or two. The basic non-animated ones can be made in Photoshop.
    edited January 26, 2005

Steve

Steve, I had to change the name of : roll, since it confliced with : rolleyes. The smiley is still there, however.
    edited January 26, 2005
    Is there a tutorial somewhere?
    patch29 wrote:
    I have used Adobe ImageReady to modify and create animated smilies, sometimes using PS to change a frame or two. The basic non-animated ones can be made in Photoshop.
    I wouldn't know where to begin in order to make them ne_nau.gif

Thanks mucho!
    ~Nee :smooch

• Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited January 26, 2005
    OK.....found em thumb.gif You guys should be ashamed of yourselves for playing tricks on us old folks :lol :lol4

Ahhhhhh, I feel better already....lol

Thanks,
    Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
    edited January 26, 2005
    Nee7x7 wrote:

Thanks mucho!
    Nee, there are a bazillion smilies on the net...you just have to google for them. try searching for "smilies gif"
  • patch29patch29 Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,928 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2005
    Nee7x7 wrote:

Thanks mucho!

Ditto what Fish said, there are a lot out there.

I learned from modifying a few in ImageReady. I just kept trying till I made it work. I can't do a lot with them or make a fancy ones from scratch, but I am a lot better than when I started. If you already have PS with IR you can just save and open them and experiment to see if you get anything you like.
    edited January 26, 2005
    Cool!
    patch29 wrote:
    Ditto what Fish said, there are a lot out there.

I learned from modifying a few in ImageReady. I just kept trying till I made it work. I can't do a lot with them or make a fancy ones from scratch, but I am a lot better than when I started. If you already have PS with IR you can just save and open them and experiment to see if you get anything you like.
    Thanks for the info, guys! I really like the way you've personalized them here, but I'll try the google search first. Don't know if I can figure out how to make 'em myself, but I might give it a try when I'm properly motivated (or bored enough with other stuff to give it a whirl, Laughing.gif!).

Anyhoo...I do appreciate your help!

Cheers!

edited January 26, 2005
    Nee7x7 wrote:
    Thanks for the info, guys! I really like the way you've personalized them here, but I'll try the google search first. Don't know if I can figure out how to make 'em myself, but I might give it a try when I'm properly motivated (or bored enough with other stuff to give it a whirl, Laughing.gif!).

Anyhoo...I do appreciate your help!

Cheers!

Nee, if you decide to make any, please post them here and maybe we'll upload them for the rest of the class to play with.