Salazar, my buddy...

thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
edited March 20, 2007 in People
Hi,
You might know him all as Salazar on these forms but to me he's my buddy Ken.
Ken, well known for being THE Lighting Guy around these parts, recently agreed to be in a play I wrote called "Touch" and I'm sure he won't mind me posting a few shots I took of him for critiques and comments. But if he gets at all offended may I say this: Ken has happily surprised me. I knew he was funny but he has a great comic timing on stage coupled with a high likeability...all this while playing a priest (a character totally unlike himself- but notice him trying to live up to the role with the shirt in the second shot ;))
To Salazar, break a leg! (Shows this Monday)

1. Headshot
136051554-M.jpg

2. At dress rehearsal- opposite an OCD Aaron (Wesley)

134543285-M.jpg

3. All dressed up.

136945217-M.jpg

4. Talking a a distraught Anna (Nicole)

136945644-M.jpg

Thanks for looking!
Ashley
Green is the way to be!
ashleyharding.smugmug.com

Comments

• salazarsalazar Registered Users Posts: 392 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2007
    Awww shucks... (blush)

Kind words from an extraordinary young woman.

Her play, "Touch" was accepted for the 37th Annual Elizabeth Boardmore One-Act Play Festival, selected, based on stage worthiness, by a panel of educators and professionals. This festival offers a unique opportunity for students and the community, The One-Act Play Festival is a showcase of the work being done at CBU throughout the year. We produce student’s original work, as well as established plays that are directed by, acted in, and staged entirely by students and community members.

"Touch" was performed for the first time in front of a live audience this evening, a packed house no less, and well received!

It was a pleasure to work for & with her, she is both kind & giving of herself and her talent. I hope she considers me for her next production if there is a role I can play...

She is performing in a play herself this Friday, a two hander. My little A430 isn't very good in the theatre so I'll borrow a better camera and get some shots of her for you all.

Congratulations Green Egg! Break a leg!
    Please feel free to retouch and repost my images. Critique, Suggestions, and Technique tips always welcomed. Thanks for your interest.
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2007
    Break a leg!
    Both of you, Ashley and Ken! thumb.gifiloveyou.gifclap.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited March 19, 2007
    Congrats to you both! Outstanding!
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • salazarsalazar Registered Users Posts: 392 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2007
    A few shots from the process.
    I didn't take any of the show (as I was a little preoccupied) but here's a few of our illustrious playwright and some cast members. They're from the Green Egg's SmugMug site, but as she's in them, I must have taken them.

#1 Nicole (as Anna) and Ashley
    134544255-M.jpg

#2 The Director (Brian) and Ashley
    134544376-M.jpg

134544395-M.jpg

#4 In the Playhouse
    136056465-M.jpg

#5 Some cast Liz, Mike, Ashley, Brian. On stage, Nicole & Wesley (as Aaron).
    136056542-M.jpg

#6 The Egg shot the following but they're here because they encapsulate much of the play:
    (Sorry about the lighting but the requirements of theatre are much different than Photography)
    136944123-M.jpg

#7 #8
    136947450-M.jpg136948361-M.jpg

136943600-M.jpg
    Please feel free to retouch and repost my images. Critique, Suggestions, and Technique tips always welcomed. Thanks for your interest.
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2007
    Salazar,
    salazar wrote:
    I didn't take any of the show (as I was a little preoccupied) but here's a few of our illustrious playwright and some cast members. They're from the Green Egg's SmugMug site, but as she's in them, I must have taken them.

Nice coverage, thank you for sharing! thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2007
    WTG both of you! clap.gif