edited March 19, 2007 in People
copy16bwweb.jpg

Mike V

Comments

• Options
    dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2007
    Hey Mike,

I like this photo but It seems you have a similar problem to one I have been trying to overcome lately. You want to fit all of the subject into the frame, you want to fit the prop into the frame, but then things just don't line up properly. What I mean by that is all of the empty space at the top is to distracting. I'd prolly end up placing the lamb in front of her (in her lap would be great if she would tolerate it), or centering her more vertically in the shot. Empty space can be a good thing but in shots like this it takes away rather than adding. I know it's hard to stop doing cause it's a problem I deal with to but it's the most common complaint I hear when I forget to think about it (easy to fix but having to fix things sucks) and I personally may think a shot is great when I take it but then when I look at it again and see that space I end up hating the shot.
    Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
    www.zxstudios.com
    http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com
  • Options
    thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2007
    I like the picture but I don't know if I like the conversion that much...too dark maybe?...
    That and it's Easter- all bright and happy colors. Let's see this thing is color!
    A very beautiful child and I like the added little lamb.
    Good job,
    Ashley
    Green is the way to be!
    ashleyharding.smugmug.com