Options

Challenge 31-Dawn first time entry

DawnLandDawnLand Registered Users Posts: 75 Big grins
edited January 27, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
I thought I'd try this, but didn't realise that I could post here for suggestions first.

Anyway, here is my entry. It's called Nefertiri Twilight. Implying the youth of the Egyptian Princess. We really wanted to go with a mood and Egyptian feel. I didn't add anything and we took this in the dark for the fire light to be natural on her face. I suppose if you have suggestions then I can delete the one I entered and re submit if that is acceptable.

Comments

• Options
    Michiel de BriederMichiel de Brieder Registered Users Posts: 864 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2005
    Dawn,

First of all, I LOVE the concept!!! The ancient egypt is very cool! I think the Nefertiti ~ Candle approach is awesome, but I would try to explore it further if you can.. For this approach I would choose to remove the flame more from the face and perhaps have her gaze into the flame, maybe you can pick an angle of the camera so that the light reflects (perhaps a bit more) in the eye...
    Personally I love the yellow/orange/white of a candlelight, the blue doesn't do much for me, or it has to be blue all over (hot HOTter HOTTEST mwink.gif)
    Some suggestion perhaps for further pursuing Nefertiti.. Maybe you can put her on an altar to 'sleep' with torches around, or perhaps with candles all around her. I can see a lot of potential outside you original idea (which is very cool nonetheless! clap.gif )
    I hope this gave you some food for thought
    *In my mind it IS real*
    Michiel de Brieder
    http://www.digital-eye.nl
  • Options
    ShakeyShakey Registered Users Posts: 1,004 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2005
    Wow very nice first effort. clap.gifthumb.gif

Tim
  • Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2005
    I like it, it has a lot of potential and I hope you explore it more and put them up for us to see.

A side note, You do not need to delete the first picture in order to post another. I have always prefered that folks leave all of them up so that we can all see and learn from the progression from start to finish.
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2005
    She can only post one on the challenge thread. This is posted there, too.

g

Nice shot, too.
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    muddykneesmuddyknees Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2005
    But, could she go back and edit her post there to replace the image?

Not that I think there is a need to! Its hard not to like an image with such an attractive face, and both the face and the flame are well-exposed, and I also like the simplicity of that single flame illuminating the face. Nice job, Dawn!

Gary

ginger_55 wrote:
    She can only post one on the challenge thread. This is posted there, too.

g

Nice shot, too.