How to throttle uploads.

cwphotoscwphotos Registered Users Posts: 763 Major grins
edited March 19, 2007 in SmugMug Support
We have cable here at home so we get 4mbit down and about 300kb up. When i upload to SM while my little bro is playing a game he lags bad. How can I throttle how fast I upload to SM ?
====My Gear=====
Canon 5D Mk.2/Grip || Canon 7D Backup
17-40 f/4L || 70-200 f/2.8L IS || 100mm f/2.8L Macro || 24-70mm f/2.8L
Wedding Photographer
www.cwphotos.net

Comments

• jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2007
    cwphotos wrote:
    We have cable here at home so we get 4mbit down and about 300kb up. When i upload to SM while my little bro is playing a game he lags bad. How can I throttle how fast I upload to SM ?

I have the same problem when I'm uploading. I also have 300kbps upload on my DSL and all other internet activity gets really, really sluggish when I'm uploading. It would be nice to have some sort of upload option that wouldn't saturate the upload stream (if that's possible). Sometimes I want it to go as fast as it can and other times I want it to go as fast as it can without ruining the usability of my internet connection.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • nichnich Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited March 19, 2007
    You could try a program like Netlimiter
    NetLimiter is an ultimate internet traffic control and monitoring tool designed for Windows. You can use NetLimiter to set download/upload transfer rate limits for applications or even single connection and monitor their internet traffic.
    Or "DU Super Controler"

Hope that helps :)