Reading is hard! LPS#1 too late to enter!

DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
edited March 20, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Here I thought I read all the rules, but I missed the new CLOSING time of 12:01 a.m. Monday, and it's only 9:13 here on the west coast!

Oh well, I would have entered this, not that it would have had that much chance of winning....

Wrinkle remover

137053125-L.jpg

Comments

• DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2007
    Dee, that's a sad story....

...but a funny picture! clap.gifrolleyes1.gif
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2007
    15524779-Ti.gif
    I almost missed too - read Monday and somehow got noon stuck in my head. Decided that I had better enter because I wouldn't get it done tomorrow....and then Shay closed the contest! whew!

Like this shot, Dee. Really fun.

ann

DavidTO wrote:
    Dee, that's a sad story....

...but a funny picture! clap.gifrolleyes1.gif
  • Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2007
    Sorry Dee! The iron hand of cruelty knows no mercy hehehe. But I hope your painful lesson yields happy results to future photographers who hear this tale told over the campfire on those cold lonely nights when scary stories are best with marshmallows and vow to submit their entries early hehehe
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2007
    Gee Shay
    You really know how to hurt a gal! rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

I thought chilled or steamy was hard, now you got stately and humble?????
    It took me 2 weeks to come up with what I did! Grrrrrrrr.
    edited March 19, 2007
    Thanks David and Ann
    Well, that will "learn me" to read better when something is new!

Oh well, my patient hubby had some fun. Do you know how difficult it is to get a steam iron to steam?

Photoshop is my friend!
    edited March 19, 2007
    Dee wrote:
    You really know how to hurt a gal! rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

I thought chilled or steamy was hard, now you got stately and humble?????
    It took me 2 weeks to come up with what I did! Grrrrrrrr.

No no, it's Stately - OR - Humble

You can work on just one if you like that better mwink.gif
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • lynnesitelynnesite Registered Users Posts: 747 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2007
    I read 12:01 Monday also. Rather irked. Guess I get to sleep late tomorrow.
    137060662-L.jpg
    edited March 19, 2007
    Very nice Lynn
    You photograph such pretty photos of horses! Must take a lot of observation and timing...

Well, at least I wasn't the only one, but sorry you missed the deadline too.
  • j photogj photog Registered Users Posts: 124 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2007
    I soooo thought midnight tomorrow. I'm not good at reading either, and I'm an editor! I have been shooting all weekend to get something interesting! And still was uncertain. Does this mean you can't qualify for others? Do you have to be in every entry to get a chance at the big one?
    art is life
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited March 19, 2007
    Math is hard. Reading is FUNdemental.
    edited March 19, 2007
    As far as I know
    j photog You can enter the LPS #2 and 3 and so on and still be eligible. Don't give up!

I just know now that Sunday 9 p.m. (my time) is my deadline! As long as I can keep my weeks straight! :D

I actually have an idea for LPS#2, now to see if my idea will translate into the photo I'd like.
    edited March 19, 2007
    j photog wrote:
    I soooo thought midnight tomorrow. I'm not good at reading either, and I'm an editor! I have been shooting all weekend to get something interesting! And still was uncertain. Does this mean you can't qualify for others? Do you have to be in every entry to get a chance at the big one?

There are still 4 qualifying rounds left to the first semi finals, and there are four semifinals before the grand finale. So you have 19 more opportunities :-)
  • j photogj photog Registered Users Posts: 124 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2007
    There are still 4 qualifying rounds left to the first semi finals, and there are four semifinals before the grand finale. So you have 19 more opportunities :-)

thanks guys! i'm still pondering this one too, but will be posting early this time!
    art is life
  • CindyCindy Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2007
    Dee wrote:

Wrinkle remover

Sorry you missed the deadline. Loved your photo! My daughter and I were browsing through and we both laughed so hard it hurt as soon as we seen it. Hmmmm... now where'd my iron go... I knew it might be good for something besides laundry. rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    Cindy Colbert (Utterback) • Wishing You Co-Bear Love, Hugs & Laughter!!!
  • lynnesitelynnesite Registered Users Posts: 747 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2007
    Dee wrote:
    You photograph such pretty photos of horses! Must take a lot of observation and timing...

Well, at least I wasn't the only one, but sorry you missed the deadline too.

Well, I had put a placeholder image in, sorry you didn't! I loved your concept, that title is a stitch.

Yeah, lots of practice to shoot high speed horses, especially in low light!