views on private galleries

JenGraceJenGrace Registered Users Posts: 1,229 Major grins
edited March 19, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I've searched the forum in the past looking for the answer to this, but I couldn't find one. Why are my private galleries getting any views at all? I know they don't show to guests viewing my page because I can't see them when logged out. No one has my password, and I haven't given anyone the direct URL of those private galleries. Most of the views are of thumbs, but some are of mediums. :scratch :dunno
Jen

Gallery of mine...caution, it's under CONSTANT construction! | Photo Journal

In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary. ~Aaron Rose

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2007
    JenW wrote:
    I've searched the forum in the past looking for the answer to this, but I couldn't find one. Why are my private galleries getting any views at all? I know they don't show to guests viewing my page because I can't see them when logged out. No one has my password, and I haven't given anyone the direct URL of those private galleries. Most of the views are of thumbs, but some are of mediums. headscratch.gifne_nau.gif
    Hey Jen wave.gif

The hits also increase when you yourself are looking at the images.
    Especially the thumbs, since you don't even have to go into the gallery to see the the thumbs. They also show on your homepage/(sub)category pages. Each time an image is loaded, the hits increase, regardless from if they are in the gallery, or on your homepage/(sub)category page.

I hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions!
  • JenGraceJenGrace Registered Users Posts: 1,229 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2007
    wave.gif Thanks, Ivar. I had thought about that, but I wanted to know for sure.
    Jen

Gallery of mine...caution, it's under CONSTANT construction! | Photo Journal

In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary. ~Aaron Rose