Subscriber Discount wording unclear

papajaypapajay Registered Users Posts: 441 Major grins
edited March 19, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I really like the email "share" feature SmugMug developed!

I also like the feature enhancement allowing one to tick the tickbox next to the line:

"As a SmugMug subscriber, I can get you a $5 discount!"

But the wording of that line is, IMHO, potentially somewhat confusing to an email-share recipient...

I can see how a recipient might ask.."Does he/she (the sender) mean "me"???, I'm NOT a subscriber.

Worse yet, a recipient might completely misunderstand...and be scared off altogether by noticing the $5 reference...("Gee, is someone going to try to charge me $5 for looking at these pictures?").

Suggestion: leave the tick box feature, but change the wording to less obstuse like:

"If you like what you see (my pictures, my galleries, etc), and would like to give Smugmug a try for your OWN pictures, click this box for a discount coupon worth $5 off the subscription fee."

(and of course link the underlined discount coupon [as you've already done]to the sender's discount coupoun)

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2007
    papajay wrote:
    I really like the email "share" feature SmugMug developed!

I also like the feature enhancement allowing one to tick the tickbox next to the line:

"As a SmugMug subscriber, I can get you a $5 discount!"

But the wording of that line is, IMHO, potentially somewhat confusing to an email-share recipient...

I can see how a recipient might ask.."Does he/she (the sender) mean "me"???, I'm NOT a subscriber.

Worse yet, a recipient might completely misunderstand...and be scared off altogether by noticing the $5 reference...("Gee, is someone going to try to charge me $5 for looking at these pictures?").

Suggestion: leave the tick box feature, but change the wording to less obstuse like:

"If you like what you see (my pictures, my galleries, etc), and would like to give Smugmug a try for your OWN pictures, click this box for a discount coupon worth $5 off the subscription fee."

(and of course link the underlined discount coupon [as you've already done]to the sender's discount coupoun)
    Thanks Papa, I'll make sure our wordsmiths see this thumb.gif