Options

cropping changes failing to save

PeterLyonsPeterLyons Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
edited March 19, 2007 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I'm working on filling order 266382. I've already uploaded my full-resolution, retouched files, and now I'm just going through checking the cropping. This is a repeat client of mine, and she e-mailed asking me to modify the crop if necessary for the best look. Anyway, I'm trying... from my order page, I go into the crop dialog, and say I move the box over to one side or the other, maybe even tweak the size of it, whatever. Then click "save changes." I'm returned to my order page. I look at the cropping, and it's returned to the default setting. What's going on?

thanks!
Peter

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2007
    PeterLyons wrote:
    I'm working on filling order 266382. I've already uploaded my full-resolution, retouched files, and now I'm just going through checking the cropping. This is a repeat client of mine, and she e-mailed asking me to modify the crop if necessary for the best look. Anyway, I'm trying... from my order page, I go into the crop dialog, and say I move the box over to one side or the other, maybe even tweak the size of it, whatever. Then click "save changes." I'm returned to my order page. I look at the cropping, and it's returned to the default setting. What's going on?

thanks!
    Peter
    How do you want the crop? Show me, do a screen grab and I'll try it for you.
  • Options
    dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2007
    I've had this happen too, Andy. It's erratic though-- SM had to help me with this earlier this month.

It's strange too because if a client wants a custom crop, and they do it that way, then you replace the photo, their custom crop is gone. I find myself guessing/trying to remember what crop it was that they wanted after replacing photos. Seems like there could be a different method for this-- like maybe replace photo could remember the crop?

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+