Critters from the farm

DalantechDalantech Registered Users Posts: 1,519 Major grins
edited March 22, 2007 in Holy Macro
Lots of rain and hail today -and shifting cloud cover just to make shooting fun :rolleyes

Canon Xti + 100mm macro lens + 25mm extension tube (some images at 1.4x life size) + MR-14 ring flash. FWIW I never crop my images...

137438181-L-1.jpg

137440467-L.jpg

137440659-L.jpg

137440962-L.jpg

And one of the mating weevil shots from my mislabeled beetle post. The lesser of two weevils :rofl

137432558-L-1.jpg

Not a bad day's shooting even with the bad weather... :wink
My SmugMug Gallery

Looking for tips on macro photography? Check out my Blog: No Cropping Zone.

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2007
    Dalantech wrote:
    Lots of rain and hail today -and shifting cloud cover just to make shooting fun rolleyes1.gif
    Canon Xti + 100mm macro lens + 25mm extension tube (some images at 1.4x life size) + MR-14 ring flash. FWIW I never crop my images...
    And one of the mating weevil shots from my mislabeled beetle post. The lesser of two weevils rolleyes1.gif
    Not a bad day's shooting even with the bad weather... mwink.gif

Nice days shooting, that's an interesting looking flower the bee is on too.
    Hover Fly busy getting covered in pollen too.

I like the bee close-ups Dalantech, but I personally like to see the whole bug in the shot, nice series. thumb.gif

I haven't seen a dang thing around my place,
    when we went flying the other day I was shocked at how dry and dead everything looks even from the sky....... I actually made the comment to my cousin during the flight that if a fire went through here it wouldnt burn much, there is nothing for it to burn, it's just all dead.

Thanks for sharing your beautiful macro's Dalantech ..... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2007
    Dalantech wrote:
    FWIW I never crop my images...

mwink.gif

Wow - wonderful......now who was it that had a macro lens for sale here.....

(off to the flea market in search of a macro lens....must have macro.....)
    thumb.gif
    ann
  • DalantechDalantech Registered Users Posts: 1,519 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2007
    Skippy wrote:
    I like the bee close-ups Dalantech, but I personally like to see the whole bug in the shot, nice series. thumb.gif

I do too -but sometimes I like to put the tubes on the lens and push the limits of my skill with the gear. Taking a clear shot of a bee, and getting a decent composition, at less than 6 inches from the front of the lens is a challenge... mwink.gif

If you like bees I've got a whole hive http://dalantech.smugmug.com/gallery/1467285#56834159 :)
    Skippy wrote:
    I haven't seen a dang thing around my place,
    when we went flying the other day I was shocked at how dry and dead everything looks even from the sky....... I actually made the comment to my cousin during the flight that if a fire went through here it wouldnt burn much, there is nothing for it to burn, it's just all dead.

Thanks for sharing your beautiful macro's Dalantech ..... Skippy

Thanks for the props Skippy! Sorry about the conditions around your place -I felt the same way over the winter :sad
    My SmugMug Gallery

edited March 21, 2007
    Ann McRae wrote:
    Wow - wonderful......now who was it that had a macro lens for sale here.....

(off to the flea market in search of a macro lens....must have macro.....)
    thumb.gif
    ann

rolleyes1.gif

It's addicting -see you at the support meetings... :D
    My SmugMug Gallery

• JDollDesignsJDollDesigns Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    edited March 21, 2007
    mating weevils - you should give them some privacy - how would you like it if someone got up in your personal space during such a delicate time? Laughing.gif! Just kidding! Great shot! I'm jealous, I've never caught bugs mating yet. It's on my list of things to shoot.... that very, very long list.... ha ha.
    "Johannah, your going down a one way road."
    "No I'm not.... Ooh yes I am. Crap."
    edited March 22, 2007
    mating weevils - you should give them some privacy - how would you like it if someone got up in your personal space during such a delicate time? Laughing.gif! Just kidding! Great shot! I'm jealous, I've never caught bugs mating yet. It's on my list of things to shoot.... that very, very long list.... ha ha.

Been there, done that... rolleyes1.gif

I know what you mean about lists -there are several insects around here that I'd just like the opportunity to shoot. But some of them are very illusive...
    My SmugMug Gallery