IR test of M42 lenses on a 30D

lulalakelulalake Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
edited March 20, 2007 in Holy Macro
I've been testing M42 mount manual focus lenses on a 30D for IR application, hotspots, focus issues, *color * etc. Most are boring test shots but this one was kind of fun.

75749162.jpg.

No hot spots yet.

Cheers

Jules

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2007
    lulalake wrote:
    I've been testing M42 mount manual focus lenses on a 30D for IR application, hotspots, focus issues, *color * etc. Most are boring test shots but this one was kind of fun.
    No hot spots yet.
    Cheers
    Jules

Hi Jules, I love to see people experiementing sometimes it really pays off.
    The shot doesn't look sharp at all to me ? but that could be post processing, did you notice that at all ?? ... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • lulalakelulalake Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited March 20, 2007
    Skippy wrote:
    Hi Jules, I love to see people experiementing sometimes it really pays off.
    The shot doesn't look sharp at all to me ? but that could be post processing, did you notice that at all ?? ... Skippy

Hey Skippy.

Actually there is an area of sharpness that can be seen in the lower right hand corner and in the blue stem. You're seeing front and back bokeh . These Russian lenses have the shallowest depth of field on this earth and it's a real bear to get used to, plus dealing with IR focus is pretty interesting on these guys.

The next set of tests I'm going to do will deal with this and how to get a handle on it. The above shot was just to see if the hotspot would form.

Here's one using the same lens with "selective" sharpness.

75458072.jpg

I love the character of this glass.

Cheers

Jules