Options

Afghan kids in good mood

Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
edited March 23, 2007 in People
these were shot few months back in winters . They cut grass and make their livings pay them one times food or money .
when i opened the gate i found them and their mother cutting grass kids asked for food i went back inside and along with food i brought my camera. They said ok take a picture at once they ran away talking to each other in their language and they were laughing . :D

I know photos are not of good quality but i love watching them :scratch
137491234-L.jpg
Used cross processing technique which i read in photo book
137488633-L.jpg

their mom was on my side but kids were really happy on skipping away from camera .shot with sony H5
Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2007
    these were shot few months back in winters . They cut grass and make their livings pay them one times food or money .
    when i opened the gate i found them and their mother cutting grass kids asked for food i went back inside and along with food i brought my camera. They said ok take a picture at once they ran away talking to each other in their language and they were laughing . :D

I know photos are not of good quality but i love watching them headscratch.gif
    Used cross processing technique which i read in photo book
    their mom was on my side but kids were really happy on skipping away from camera .shot with sony H5
    The black and white shot is very good Awais, I am glad you are a kind person and gave them food, we really don't know what it's like to struggle do we, your reap what you sew. :D

Thank you Awais its people like you that can make a huge difference in their lives .......... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2007
  • Options
    RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2007
    I know photos are not of good quality but i love watching them headscratch.gif

I disagree, Awais. These are great.
  • Options
    edited March 21, 2007
    Thanks everyone for kind words
    Yes i can be kind sometimes :D
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2007
    Priviet, my dear friend Awais!
    I like them. They have expression and dinamics.
    Yuri
  • Options
    kreskres Registered Users Posts: 268 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2007
    What an uplifting duo of shots. Happy children are such wonderful subjects. Very nicely done. thumb.gif
    --Kres
  • Options
    SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2007
    Thanks for sharing Awais. Your photos always meke me think. Although these images were poor in quality .... are rich in image content.

Those children are happy and thankful for what they do have ... yet here in the US we are unhappy and obsessed with what we don't have.

Gary

PS- How's school going?
    G
    My snaps can be found here:
    Unsharp at any Speed
  • Options
    edited March 23, 2007
    thanks Yuri Kres and Gary , Gary we are on same boat :cry

My Gallery