Entering next contest if selected in 1st?

sunionesunione Registered Users Posts: 86 Big grins
edited March 22, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
About the LAST PHOTOGRAPHER STANDING rules.......I apologize in advance if this was covered already.

When you are selected as one of the 10 entries to go on to the semi finals, does that mean you cannot enter the rest of the contests in that round?:dunno
Suni R
http://artbysuni.smugmug.com/

"IT'S ALL ABOUT THE LIGHT"

Comments

• Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2007
    sunione wrote:
    About the LAST PHOTOGRAPHER STANDING rules.......I apologize in advance if this was covered already.

When you are selected as one of the 10 entries to go on to the semi finals, does that mean you cannot enter the rest of the contests in that round?ne_nau.gif
    You can enter any of the qualifying rounds. Qualifying rounds are open to all dgrin members, whether they have already qualified or not :D
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • sunionesunione Registered Users Posts: 86 Big grins
    edited March 20, 2007
    Great
    Thanks Shay. PHEW.wings.gif
    Suni R
    http://artbysuni.smugmug.com/

"IT'S ALL ABOUT THE LIGHT"
  • nikosnikos Registered Users Posts: 216 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2007
    You can enter any of the qualifying rounds. Qualifying rounds are open to all dgrin members, whether they have already qualified or not :D

I'm assuming that if one has already qualified, then any other submissions in the qualifying rounds will not be eligible for a top ten spot.
  • claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2007
    nikos wrote:
    I'm assuming that if one has already qualified, then any other submissions in the qualifying rounds will not be eligible for a top ten spot.

Read the other threads. If you get through more than one of the qualifying rounds, that just means you are occupying more than one slot for the next (e.g., win two of the first-level qualifiers and you only face 8 other photographers in the next instead of 9). Does that answer the question? headscratch.gif

Remember, each new round requires a fresh photo. These ten are done now & the photos won't be used in subesquent rounds.
  • nikosnikos Registered Users Posts: 216 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2007
    Read the other threads. If you get through more than one of the qualifying rounds, that just means you are occupying more than one slot for the next (e.g., win two of the first-level qualifiers and you only face 8 other photographers in the next instead of 9). Does that answer the question? headscratch.gif

Remember, each new round requires a fresh photo. These ten are done now & the photos won't be used in subesquent rounds.

Why read other threads? I just read the rules deal.gif

" Every three months, a Semifinal.
    There will be four semifinals a year. Only the Qualifying Round winners can play, 50 of you. 10 advance from each Semifinal to the Grand Finale. "

And, according to the rules, 50 members advance. If what you say is true, then the rules should be amended to reflect those changes.

Nikos

• Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2007
    nikos wrote:

There will be four semifinals a year. Only the Qualifying Round winners can play, 50 of you. 10 advance from each Semifinal to the Grand Finale. "

And, according to the rules, 50 members advance. If what you say is true, then the rules should be amended to reflect those changes.

Nikos

True, that needs to read "up to 50 of you", thank you for spotting that. If you qualify more than once, you reduce the number of participants by the number of times you have qualified.
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2007
    nikos wrote:

Nikos

Why? Because a lot of good discussion clarifying this exact question has already happened. deal.gif

See here: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=55280&page=5 :cool