Options

Chal 31 ginger

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited February 6, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
Perilous Times: You must go and I must bide.....

14854756-L.jpg
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• Options
    edited January 26, 2005
    Home, January 26, 2005
    14858562-L.jpg

ginger
    home
    jan 26, 2005
  • Options
    judyfuessjudyfuess Registered Users Posts: 259 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2005
    All I can say is WOW!!!!! When I first looked at it I did not see your husband peering out, but when I looked again... WOW - GREAT JOB!! Is the picture a little grainy?

-Judy

ginger_55 wrote:
    Perilous Times: You must go and I must bide.....

14854756-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 27, 2005
    It is very grainy. Plus it was taken through a dirty window. Don't ask, smile. At 1600 ISO. It earned its grain. I did do a few things to diminish the grain on that photo.

Then I decided to work up the one of the candle in the window, too. I didn't even bother with trying to get rid of the grain. It just looked to me like it should be grainy.

I am not sure if the one of Bill is not out of focus a bit. That kind of thing does not sit well with Andy. Bill loves it, and he doesn't want to redo it. I was doing those things handheld at 1/4 th of a second. Now why didn't I think of a tripod? I had to do it all in manual, I never do things in manual. I read how to do the settings a month or so ago. I also had to manually focus, and I forgot to focus the shot of Bill.
    I know the window one is in focus, good focus, just grainy.

I knew late this afternoon that I wanted to use the window idea. I wanted to post it before everyone else did. I had no ideas whatsoever until this afternoon. Now I figure I have the two variations of the window.

Thanks for looking and commenting.

g
  • Options
    NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2005
    Ginger,

The one of Bill in the window is very special! It takes a few seconds (maybe even minutes) to get used to it and fully appreciate its uniquness. I'm still not completely sure what effect it has on me but it definetely had me viewing it for a long time.

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
  • Options
    edited January 27, 2005
    Home Fires Burning
    14867117-L.jpg

I am trying to tone it down a bit. I may be going too far. It is so difficult to tell. Let me know what you think as I post them. I changed the name, but I can always change that, it is the color, the amt of saturation, etc, that I am trying to figure out. Also, frame or no frame. These are not cropped or anything. And I am no longer trying to take the grain out.

g (Thanks Nir, too........)
  • Options
    edited January 27, 2005
    Candle
    14869414-L.jpg

ginger jones: photographer
  • Options
    Michiel de BriederMichiel de Brieder Registered Users Posts: 864 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2005
    Ginger,

Great experiment with the window!!! I love it clap.gif. I have but 1 suggestion, I am dearly in love with the grain on 'Home' and I would suggest using it on the window photo, I like the reddish cast best :D
    *In my mind it IS real*
    Michiel de Brieder
    http://www.digital-eye.nl
  • Options
    edited January 27, 2005
    I Must Bide
    Thanks, Michiel, I tried to do this over putting some of the grain in that I must have taken out. Let me know if I over/under did it. ginger

14900397-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 28, 2005
    clap.gif love it Ginger!!!!! It feels authentic!! Just wow IMO :D Perhaps a tiny tad of an s-curve to top it... but I'm not sure.. it is difficult to say.
    thumb.gifthumb.gif
    *In my mind it IS real*
    Michiel de Brieder
  • Options
    edited January 28, 2005
    clap.gif love it Ginger!!!!! It feels authentic!! Just wow IMO :D Perhaps a tiny tad of an s-curve to top it... but I'm not sure.. it is difficult to say.
    thumb.gifthumb.gif
    Michiel, with this shot, it is all difficult to pin down, IMO. But I don't use curves, what would I be aiming for. More light on the right side of the face?

I would have to know what you have in mind to try to go there, smile.

ginger
  • Options
    edited January 28, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Michiel, with this shot, it is all difficult to pin down, IMO. But I don't use curves, what would I be aiming for. More light on the right side of the face?

I would have to know what you have in mind to try to go there, smile.

ginger
    It would roughen up the photo even more.. but I've just tried it with the small version here, and that definitely did not work :D I do believe that the potential is almost maxed out with your last version clap.gif
    *In my mind it IS real*
    Michiel de Brieder
  • Options
    edited January 28, 2005
    This is what I came up with, don't see a difference, a bit lighter, maybe noise?
    14940530-L.jpg

I am going to go order my 20DDDDD!!! NOW!!!!

ginger
  • Options
    landrumlandrum Registered Users Posts: 285 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Thanks, Michiel, I tried to do this over putting some of the grain in that I must have taken out. Let me know if I over/under did it. ginger

14900397-L.jpg
    I like this one. I like the grain in it, and it's a little bit creepy! Great shot!
    Laurie :smooch

www.PhotoByLaurie.com
  • Options
    edited February 5, 2005
    Comments on these two vs I must bide
    15354698-L.jpg

15354696-L.jpg

You can be short, don't need to say why you like things or not, just which...... There are many much better things up there, but I just felt like doing this tonight. I used my 50mm f1.8 lens.

ginger
  • Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    15354698-S.jpg

15354696-S.jpg

You can be short, don't need to say why you like things or not, just which...... There are many much better things up there, but I just felt like doing this tonight. I used my 50mm f1.8 lens.

ginger

Hi Ginger,
    I like both of these better than the one on the challenge. Mainly because I don't like the grain. I think I like the second one of these. I like the mystery of the three, or is it four, candle fires. How did you do that? No, maybe you shouldn't tell. It's better a mystery. I like the texture of the wood background and the metal candle stick. Very nice.
    thumb.gif
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2005
    I'm all for the 1st one. Simple but well done.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited February 5, 2005
    I'm all for the 1st one. Simple but well done.
    You have a very strong point there. In a bit I will probably put that one up on the challenge. I was kind of thinking that myself, but I felt somewhat silly.

ginger
  • Options
    edited February 6, 2005
    Burn, Baby, Burn (comments, wanted)
    The Original Eternal Flame

15401355-L.jpg

Should I switch to this or the single candle? I feel like living dangerously. Also no one is commenting, except Tim, on my sunsets under landscapes.

So, I will put one here. I originally was going to use one for fire?????

ginger
  • Options
    davevdavev Registered Users Posts: 3,118 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2005
    I think the single candle looks better than the other pics.

dave
    dave.

Basking in the shadows of yesterday's triumphs'.
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2005
    I love sunset pictures, but I think you should stick to the single candle. Can't say what it is. Something is just not right for me. Maybe it's something about the color that bothers me. Somehow it doesn't look natural for me. ne_nau.gif
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero