Various gallery formats

TedologyTedology Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
edited March 20, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Hello all!

I've checked out the Help files of SmugMug and I'm SURE that I missed it, but how would I go about creating a gallery so that the thumbnails of my pictures are all on ONE side and when a viewer clicks on the thumbnail, a larger version is shown on the right?

Grrr, I tried to find an example so I could show you but of course now I can't find a site that has this! :scratch

So, basically, there'd be like 12 thumbnails on the left of the screen and if, for example, a viewer clicks the THIRD thumbnail, that thumbnail would appear in a larger version on the right side.

I hope I'm making sense! :)

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Ted
My Site
My Gallery
"Satan trembles when he sees
the weakest saint on his knees."

Comments

• BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    edited March 20, 2007
    Tedology wrote:
    Hello all!

I've checked out the Help files of SmugMug and I'm SURE that I missed it, but how would I go about creating a gallery so that the thumbnails of my pictures are all on ONE side and when a viewer clicks on the thumbnail, a larger version is shown on the right?

Grrr, I tried to find an example so I could show you but of course now I can't find a site that has this! headscratch.gif

So, basically, there'd be like 12 thumbnails on the left of the screen and if, for example, a viewer clicks the THIRD thumbnail, that thumbnail would appear in a larger version on the right side.

I hope I'm making sense! :)

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Hi :)

Have you tried viewing your galleries using SmugMug style? That is exactly how that style works. It is the default viewing style. Or am I missing your question completely? That's always possible!
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • TedologyTedology Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited March 20, 2007
    Barb wrote:

Have you tried viewing your galleries using SmugMug style? That is exactly how that style works. It is the default viewing style. Or am I missing your question completely? That's always possible!

I'll definitely try that, Barb...thanks so much for responding!
    Ted
    My Site
    My Gallery
    edited March 20, 2007
    Tedology wrote:
    I'll definitely try that, Barb...thanks so much for responding!

Hmm, I tried "SmugMug Classic" and that doesn't seem to be what I'm looking for. :)

I just wish I could find an example of what I'm talking about. :)
    Ted
    My Site
    My Gallery
    edited March 20, 2007
    Tedology wrote:
    Hmm, I tried "SmugMug Classic" and that doesn't seem to be what I'm looking for. :)

I just wish I could find an example of what I'm talking about. :)

SmugMug Classic is actually one of the themes. Try this: Go to one of your galleries, and in the upper right corner, look for the pull-down menu that says style next to it, and choose SmugMug. That will give you the viewing style you are after I believe.

Look at this gallery:

http://photoscapedesign.smugmug.com/gallery/533659#21998867

That is the SmugMug viewing style. Is that the style you are looking for?

EDIT: It will help us a lot if you will go ahead and put a link to your site in your signature and also in your profile. Click on You! in the upper left of this page to add to your profile :)
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
    edited March 20, 2007
    Barb wrote:

SmugMug Classic is actually one of the themes. Try this: Go to one of your galleries, and in the upper right corner, look for the pull-down menu that says style next to it, and choose SmugMug. That will give you the viewing style you are after I believe.

Look at this gallery:

http://photoscapedesign.smugmug.com/gallery/533659#21998867

That is the SmugMug viewing style. Is that the style you are looking for?

EDIT: It will help us a lot if you will go ahead and put a link to your site in your signature and also in your profile. Click on You! in the upper left of this page to add to your profile :)

Ugh...I feel so stupid. rolleyes1.gif

I looked at some help files and found the difference between THEME and STYLE! Mine was set to "Journal".

I'm sorry to have taken your time, Barb! Thanks GREATLY for helping me out. wings.gif
    Ted
    My Site
    My Gallery
    edited March 20, 2007
    Tedology wrote:
    Ugh...I feel so stupid. rolleyes1.gif

I looked at some help files and found the difference between THEME and STYLE! Mine was set to "Journal".

I'm sorry to have taken your time, Barb! Thanks GREATLY for helping me out. wings.gif

No problem at all :) Glad you got it worked out!
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign