midnitejammidnitejam Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
edited March 21, 2007 in People
Comments, suggestions, and advice, please

60959659.jpg

Comments

• Options
    JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2007
    If you're looking for comments on landscapes....the people forum may not be the place..:D

There seems to be something funky going on with the shot. The horizon seems to carry on in front of the tree....like an orange filter applied to the image, from the horizon upne_nau.gif
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
  • Options
    W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2007
    midnitejam wrote:
    Comments, suggestions, and advice, please
    This shot is suffering severely from the dreaded uphill horizon syndrome.
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2007
    Looks like a beautiful sunset, but I can't judge colors too well on my workplace monitor. The water is definitely running 'downhill'. Shots like this with an incline are difficult to line up. The tree is upright, which is probably how you lined up your shot or fixed in PS. But the water is tilted and the roofline of the buildings in the distance seem to show the same. Welcome to the forum...you can request a moderator to move your thread to a more appropriate forum. :saurora
  • Options
    edited March 20, 2007
    Jeffro wrote:
    If you're looking for comments on landscapes....the people forum may not be the place..:D

There seems to be something funky going on with the shot. The horizon seems to carry on in front of the tree....like an orange filter applied to the image, from the horizon upne_nau.gif

Jeffro, thanks for the headsup about the wrong place to post.
    I shot this a while back and I was using a Cokin tobacco (?) gradient filter. I've looked at this image several times and I never noticed the tobacco colored tree until you pointed it out. Your comment has been very important to me.

saurora, thanks for the welcome and for pointing out the unlevel horizon.

w.w.webster, thanks for your tip.

I would appreciate very much if a moderator moved this thread to the appropriate location. Thanks

Cheers,
    MJ
  • Options
    JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2007
    midnitejam wrote:
    Jeffro, thanks for the headsup about the wrong place to post.
    I shot this a while back and I was using a Cokin tobacco (?) gradient filter. I've looked at this image several times and I never noticed the tobacco colored tree until you pointed it out. Your comment has been very important to me.

Cheers,
    MJ

You're welcomed. I'm glad I could be of help. If you hadn't used a filter, I was calling my eye doctor in the morning. :D Funny how sometimes we can't see what we did, until we get a fresh set of eyes to help us. That's what great about this place sometimes.

Keep shooting, keep posting!
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
  • Options
    salazarsalazar Registered Users Posts: 392 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2007
    Do you have PhotoShop? The tilted horizon mentioned by others could be corrected in "free transform", allowing you to keep the tree vertical. A little bit of cloning on the tree should get the filter line to disappear. Beautiful shot with just a few small fixes needed.
    Please feel free to retouch and repost my images. Critique, Suggestions, and Technique tips always welcomed. Thanks for your interest.
  • Options
    edited March 21, 2007
    salazar wrote:
    Do you have PhotoShop? The tilted horizon mentioned by others could be corrected in "free transform", allowing you to keep the tree vertical. A little bit of cloning on the tree should get the filter line to disappear. Beautiful shot with just a few small fixes needed.

salazar, thanks for the suggestions. This is the most helpful forum I've ever visited.

I do have photoshop (cs3 beta and cs2). But I'm anxious to get back to that location and reshoot. especially since it's only a 20-minute trek away.

Cheers,
    Michael Jan