This is Elissa....senior pics

zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
edited March 21, 2007 in People

Comments

• cepsceps Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited March 21, 2007
    Looks great. Did you use reflectors on any of these? I've got a senior portrait shoot in a couple of weeks. It'll be my first as well. Any suggestions? Did you use any reflectors? 1 and 3 look really good.
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2007
    ceps wrote:
    Looks great. Did you use reflectors on any of these? I've got a senior portrait shoot in a couple of weeks. It'll be my first as well. Any suggestions? Did you use any reflectors? 1 and 3 look really good.

Hi Ceps.
    Used a silver reflector in 2 and 3. Slightly shaded sun in 1.

Only suggestion, if you can swing it leave the Moms and boyfriends at home. It really inhibits the girls from posing and being relaxed. If you could have them come with a girlfriend I think that is the best scenario.
    I know...good luck with that.
  • urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2007
    I like the poses, and the composition of each one, especially #3. Great DOF in this shot, nice use of texture. She looks most relaxed here.

Something about her skin looks off, though. Like you applied too much blur and/or not enough feathering to make it seamless. I can't tell if the faces are in focus or not.

#1 skin tone looks too red, I know her complexion is ruddy, but you can warm it up a bit. I'd also do some subtle skin work on the backs of her arms ...I have this problem too in winter and know I'm incredibly self conscious about it!

HTH...nice job. Great use of light, it shows in her eyes.
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • gpphotosgpphotos Registered Users Posts: 266 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2007
    she needs a strong dose of the healing brush to take out those skin blemishes...she's a beautiful girl but even beautiful people need the good old healing brush rolleyes1.gif