Ack! Replace photo issues

PezpixPezpix Registered Users Posts: 391 Major grins
edited March 26, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Hey all, well, once again I seemed to be hitting the proverbial wall when trying to replace an existing photo.
This has been an issue on my site for as long as I can recall, but I am unsure on how to correct it. It seems to be happening with all my galleries for some reason too.

Here is the latest photo that I have tried to replace...

81209402-M-7.jpg

and here is what it "should" have changed to after the replacement happened.

137594395-M-2.jpg

After I upload the new photo as the replacement for my photos, it also seems to break the thumbnail photo that exists with the replacement as well. Example is here
http://www.pezpix.com/gallery/1433311#81209402

As you can see, the new thumbnail is not showing up at all (its supposed to be the first thumbnail of that gallery)

I've tried everything. Clearing the cache, checking in IE and Firefox, and even waited for 24 hours since I initially replaced the original.

The only reason why I dont just delete the original and reupload the new one is that I link some of my photos to specific forums and it would break the link.

David, Andy, Barb, Mike... any of you up for a midnight cookie snack to help me out? :D
Professional Ancient Smugmug Shutter Geek
Master Of Sushi Noms
Amateur CSS Dork

Comments

• PezpixPezpix Registered Users Posts: 391 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2007
    Cookie bump! :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=13710&stc=1&d=1152558860
    Master Of Sushi Noms
    Amateur CSS Dork
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2007
    Are you replacing the photo with a photo that's sRGB? Be certain. Let me know.
    edited March 25, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Are you replacing the photo with a photo that's sRGB? Be certain. Let me know.

The photo that is being replaced is aRGB Andy. All of my photos are uploaded as aRBG (mostly because I'm too lazy to convert them to sRGB before uploading)
    Master Of Sushi Noms
    Amateur CSS Dork
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2007
    Pezpix wrote:
    The photo that is being replaced is aRGB Andy. All of my photos are uploaded as aRBG (mostly because I'm too lazy to convert them to sRGB before uploading)
    That's the problemo, Pez.
    Replace with sRGB and you'll be fine.
    edited March 26, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    That's the problemo, Pez.
    Replace with sRGB and you'll be fine.

Aha! There's gold in them thar color spaces. Thanks Andy. I'll give it a shot and report back with the results thumb.gif
    Master Of Sushi Noms
    Amateur CSS Dork