Tennis and Motorsport

Chris_SChris_S Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
edited March 25, 2007 in Sports
These are my latest sports photos taken so far this year. I have also updated my website slightly: http://www.photosbychris.smugmug.com/

Let me know what you think.

Photos include:

-2007 A1GP at Eastern Creek Sydney including Historics, Formula 3 and GT
Championship. (The Panoramic photo with the Ferrari and Porsche is a
composite stitched from 5 panning photos).

135112791-L.jpg

135108548-L.jpg

135110990-L.jpg

137113045-L.jpg

-2007 Medibank International. Players including Sam Stosur, Jelena Jankovic,
Martina Hingis, James Blake and Marcos Baghdatis.

135953422-L.jpg

133452378-M.jpg133452963-M.jpg

Thanks
Chris

Comments

• TassieDTassieD Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2007
    Great shots Chris, nice start to the year. I like the effect on number two, looks like he is about to go into a time warp.
    Cheers
    David Clifford
  • Chris_SChris_S Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited March 24, 2007
    TassieD wrote:
    Great shots Chris, nice start to the year. I like the effect on number two, looks like he is about to go into a time warp.

Thanks. I was experimenting with slower and slower shutter speeds. #2 was 1/40s
  • HorsepixHorsepix Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited March 24, 2007
    Raceway photos
    Chris, all the sprint races I shoot are at night... any suggestions?

You can see some of my photos at: (not sure how to post them here yet). I've been experimenting... The one I think I'm uploading has been processed to bring up the color... not to appear as a photograph, since he spun out and wasn't happy anyway.

You can see some of my raceway photos at my www.tamigramontphotography.com... if you care to comment. Geez, your's are brilliant! It's the night lighting that mucks up the works for me. I can hang on the wall, since I'm in the center, however, my 70-200 mm IS is great for the outer laps, the closer ones, when they scream past me so close... well you can see what I accomplished.

I'd appreciate any feedback you might want to give.

TAMI
  • Chris_SChris_S Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited March 25, 2007
    Hi, for night time shots you will need a fast lens, but sometimes even f2.8 isn't even enough. Do you have a monopod? I really helps when you are panning as it reduces vertical movement. You will then need to set the iso high enough so you get the correct exposure.

Here are some drag racing shots I did at night:

http://www.photosbychris.smugmug.com/gallery/817779

Click on the exif to get all the details.
  • crgphotographercrgphotographer Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited March 25, 2007
    G'day Chris,
    I love the composite photo, it gives a different perspective on the cars by showing the line they take. In doing them lately I have tried to concentrate on a single car and it's racing line, but I love the dual car shot you have.

Horsepix/TAMI,
    I shoot a lot of speedway photos, though always on the outside of the track and through the fence. I use an ISO of 800 and slow shutter speed (60-90) to obtain my shots (when shooting the night racing). From there I need to do a lot of post-processing in Paint Shop Pro with the main areas to concentrate on histogram adjustment, brightness, color saturation & then using a edge-preserving smooth function to try and remove the 'noise' you get when using high ISO. You need to be careful using the sharpening tool as they tend to bring out the noise most.

/craig.
    craig coomans | crgphotography | automotive | landscape | motorsport | weddings
    [
    crgphotography.smugmug.com ]