Options

Warning Newbie inside!

djeckodjecko Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
edited March 24, 2007 in People
Hey Guys I found this forum a couple weeks ago and really like all it has to offer. was lurking for the past few weeks till I decided to join.

I look forward to sharing and mostly learning new things from you guys. :D

Heres a picture I took the other day of my friend whilst eating at a small mexican restaurant.

gumballbw.jpg

C&C are definitely welcome for this picture. :)

Comments

• Options
    frgfrg Registered Users Posts: 583 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2007
    Welcome to dgrin djecko, thats an interesting composition.... I think I'd sharpen it a bit more and add a subtle vignette (IMHO)!!!
  • Options
    edited March 23, 2007
    I shot it at f3.5...guess i shoulda shot it at 5.6 or something.
  • Options
    cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2007
    Welcome djecko wave.gif

The slightly soft focus doesn't really bother me and I really like the composition. Nice work. I can't wait to see more!
  • Options
    JimFuglestadJimFuglestad Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2007
    djecko wrote:
    I shot it at f3.5...guess i shoulda shot it at 5.6 or something.

Naah... I would have shot it even more open...

I'm reading your intro to the pic and looking at the pic and there is a total disconnect. There is nothing about your description that resonates with the image.

If you have a caption, or talk about an image, it NEEDS to be relevant to the image you're showing. If not, let the image stand on it's own and let the viewer make their own captions (by the book Accidental Magic).

What is the ball in his hand? A gum ball after dinner? A marble? A Christmas decoration that was hiding under the table?

I think the image is really pretty cool if you lost the selective coloring and let it stand on it's own. I like a little mystery about a photo. I'd be wondering what it was in his hand... what the story was behind the photo... less is more. Yanno?

Jim
    Live with intention.
    Walk to the edge.
    Listen hard.
    Pratice wellness.
    Play with abandon.
    Laugh.
    Choose with no regrets.
    Appreciate your friends.
    Continue to learn.
    Do what you love.
    Live as if this is all there is.
  • Options
    edited March 24, 2007
    Naah... I would have shot it even more open...

I'm reading your intro to the pic and looking at the pic and there is a total disconnect. There is nothing about your description that resonates with the image.

If you have a caption, or talk about an image, it NEEDS to be relevant to the image you're showing. If not, let the image stand on it's own and let the viewer make their own captions (by the book Accidental Magic).

What is the ball in his hand? A gum ball after dinner? A marble? A Christmas decoration that was hiding under the table?

I think the image is really pretty cool if you lost the selective coloring and let it stand on it's own. I like a little mystery about a photo. I'd be wondering what it was in his hand... what the story was behind the photo... less is more. Yanno?

Jim

Thank you for the warm welcome guys. :)

Sorry for the confusion Jim, I just wanted to introduce myself in the thread title. I'll be sure to let the title connect with the image next time.

As for the image. Thanks for the comments.

My friend is holding a gumball he got from a candy machine.

Did you say you didnt like the selective coloring jim? I have a full color one i can post.

This is another image of the same subject....

gumball.jpg