Options

Very Candid: catching men’s leg!?

Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
edited March 23, 2007 in People

Stunning-blond-striking-a-pose-catching-his-leg_MG_3216.jpg?g2_GALLERYSID=58be318b9749dd3aa21a258f770386ed
This stunning blond girl zoomed past me while I was on my way back to work from lunch. She was in an obvious hurry as her over exaggerated hand movements indicate. As I took the photo I realised I’ve captured it in an exact moment when her hand aligned with the leg of the man in the background. I looks like she is about to trip him - just a perspective based visual humour.

This photograph required a bit of post processing: firstly I did not have my Canon 580EX flash with me and could not use fill in light. As a result the girl, which was walking with the sun, turned out too dark in comparison to the scene. I’ve used a rarely used “Equalise” function in Adobe Photoshop to increase the brightness. Remaining processing was limited to a simple black and white conversion and some minor sharpening.

Click on the link or the image to see a bigger photograph and EXIF.

Comments

• Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2007

This stunning blond girl zoomed past me while I was on my way back to work from lunch. She was in an obvious hurry as her over exaggerated hand movements indicate. As I took the photo I realised I’ve captured it in an exact moment when her hand aligned with the leg of the man in the background. I looks like she is about to trip him - just a perspective based visual humour.

This photograph required a bit of post processing: firstly I did not have my Canon 580EX flash with me and could not use fill in light. As a result the girl, which was walking with the sun, turned out too dark in comparison to the scene. I’ve used a rarely used “Equalise” function in Adobe Photoshop to increase the brightness. Remaining processing was limited to a simple black and white conversion and some minor sharpening.

Click on the link or the image to see a bigger photograph and EXIF.

I always enjoy seeing your work, Ted, you are so consistent. your images are easy on the eyes, yet real, and always with a touch of levity. This is a good example! thanks for sharing.
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Options
    edited March 23, 2007
    Thank you Lynn
    I think it is no secret I enjoy sharing them as much as I enjoy taking them.
    urbanaries wrote:
    I always enjoy seeing your work, Ted, you are so consistent. your images are easy on the eyes, yet real, and always with a touch of levity. This is a good example! thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2007
    Thank you Lynn
    I think it is no secret I enjoy sharing them as much as I enjoy taking them.

who doesn't!!?? :D
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2007
    I’ve used a rarely used “Equalise” function in Adobe Photoshop to increase the brightness. Remaining processing was limited to a simple black and white conversion and some minor sharpening.
    As with all the others posting on your shots, I love seeing your work. They are always a treat. This one is no exception - it is a truely wonderful image.

However, if you'll allow me, I do think you need to take this back into PS and re-work it. There are distinct and distracting halos around the young lady. For example, check out her right fore-arm and hand as they cross that very dark mass.
  • Options
    edited March 23, 2007
    Scott, the halos are actually light reflection. They are there in the original, unprocessed RAW too. And the angle of her arm makes it very jagged. I've spend hours on this and cannot remove it so it doesn't look odd.
    As with all the others posting on your shots, I love seeing your work. They are always a treat. This one is no exception - it is a truly wonderful image.

However, if you'll allow me, I do think you need to take this back into PS and re-work it. There are distinct and distracting halos around the young lady. For example, check out her right fore-arm and hand as they cross that very dark mass.
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2007
    Scott, the halos are actually light reflection. They are there in the original, unprocessed RAW too. And the angle of her arm makes it very jagged. I've spend hours on this and cannot remove it so it doesn't look odd.
    With that information, it's easy to see that it is, in fact, light bouncing/reflecting from the walk-ways. You having spent hours trying to remove it makes me feel better about having made that mistake.

That still doesn't detract from my first statement about the photo - excellent!