views from my humble hotel room

adrian_kadrian_k Registered Users Posts: 557 Major grins
edited March 24, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
I really don't know if these are strong enough. I was thinking along the lines of 'simple hotel'. So many hotels these days do 'luxury' and this is the other end of that.

DSC02490a.jpg

DSC02505.jpg

..and this is my favourite.
DSC02508.jpg
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Adrian
my stuff is here.....

Comments

• eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2007
    adrian_k wrote:
    I really don't know if these are strong enough. I was thinking along the lines of 'simple hotel'. So many hotels these days do 'luxury' and this is the other end of that.

Adrian-
    I get a feeling of simple from all of the shots but more in the sense of 'clean' than 'humble'.
    Just my thoughts for what it's worth.
    E
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2007
    Nicely captured. I see where you're going with this. I prefer them in the order shown with #1 being my pick. The last shot just does not give me (being from the U.S.) enough information to be able to tell it's a hotel pen and pad. I am not familiar with HiExpress. The television guide and the coffee pot are dead giveaways that this is a hotel. The plain blue and white remind me when the grocery stores here in the U.S. started carrying what they called "plain wrap" line of products, which were cheaper than labeled brands. It's a great idea with nice captures. A clever title never hurts, especially if you go with the last shot. Here we would refer to this as a "No Frills" hotel. Your HiExpress is probably comparable to our Motel 6. Good luck! :D
  • adrian_kadrian_k Registered Users Posts: 557 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2007
    thanks for the comments, they're called 'value lines' here. rolleyes1.gif

The last shot was more about the pen & paper rather than 'hotel'. No chrome fountain pen & watermarked paper, just a cheap ball point.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Adrian
    my stuff is here.....
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2007
    Adrian,
    Come on, man, I know you can do better that this...
    Check Vandana's entry - it's like the featherwieight going against Ali...
    Think! deal.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"