Lps #2

evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
edited March 23, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Empire Stately Building:
Raindrops were falling in my eyes and on my lens but I got it. I have a couple other ideas. I was actually planning on doing this for Technique's Assignment #27: Straight up, but the Empire State Building is pretty stately to me. :) C & C welcome.
I have a couple more ideas, but I haven't been to the location yet, the weather isn't exactly cooperating, and I have another week to get there.

138085497-L.jpg
Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com

Comments

• NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2007
    Evoryware,
    evoryware wrote:
    Empire Stately Building:
    Raindrops were falling in my eyes and on my lens but I got it. I have a couple other ideas. I was actually planning on doing this for Technique's Assignment #27: Straight up, but the Empire State Building is pretty stately to me. :) C & C welcome.
    I have a couple more ideas, but I haven't been to the location yet, the weather isn't exactly cooperating, and I have another week to get there.

I understand it's not your final image, but I can see its potential thumb.gif

One thing I would definitely try in this particular case (if only I had any such building around ne_nau.gif ) is to use Vanishing Point (CS2/CS3) and increase it's tallness and domination. With the regular patterns of this building VP can do wonders, trust me on this! deal.gif
    I would also bring it into vertical or square format (see my comments to Pyro's IR cathedral) to add the perception of being the tallest building on the block...

HTH
    "May the f/stop be with you!"