Options

Studio Lighting - 1st Attempts

slapshotslapshot Registered Users Posts: 104 Major grins
edited March 24, 2007 in People
After shooting mostly sports, DGrin has inspired me to expand my horizons. Here are my first attempts at studio lighting, at home, with two low power, 150 watt strobes, one with a small soft box, one with a small umbrella. Cloth background from the local fabric store.

Comments, critique and feedback please!

138152008-L.jpg

138152177-L.jpg

138152266-L.jpg

138152587-L.jpg

Thank you for your feedback!

Comments

• Options
    dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2007
    These look very nice. The girl is 'floating' on #3... I like to leave something for the subject to stand on with white backgrounds. If you're killing her standing surface in PS, try an adjustment layer and paint some of it back in-- it's fast and you can still get the ivory whites behind your subjects if your lighting isn't perfect.

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• Options
    slapshotslapshot Registered Users Posts: 104 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2007
    dogwood wrote:
    These look very nice. The girl is 'floating' on #3... I like to leave something for the subject to stand on with white backgrounds. If you're killing her standing surface in PS, try an adjustment layer and paint some of it back in-- it's fast and you can still get the ivory whites behind your subjects if your lighting isn't perfect.

thanks, I did blow out the background in PS...couldn't light the backdrop evenly...I'll try again and leave in some earthly shadows