Categories File Tree??

dusty-dogdusty-dog Registered Users Posts: 116 Major grins
edited March 24, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Frankly, I'm finding that the creation of categories, subcategories, galleries, subgalleries, etc. to be a nuisance. Has anyone ever suggested the possibility of creating an option wherein galleries and categories can be created/deleted/moved/renamed using a file tree structure? I'm new to this, and I'm working on setting up my galleries, and I have 5 days left of my 14-day trial. I will be staying, but for cryin' out loud (hear the frustration?) this smugmug structure is a pain in the arse. :huh

Thanks in advance for comments, help, consolations, dis's, etc. :scratch

Di

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2007
    dusty-dog wrote:
    Frankly, I'm finding that the creation of categories, subcategories, galleries, subgalleries, etc. to be a nuisance.
    Hi, ouch - sorry you are finding it to be a nuisance! Let's see if we can help :D

I suggest that you try Devbobo's SmugBrowser. It's an awesome Firefox plugin, you'll be quite amazed at how easy it is to create, move, add etc.

http://smugmug.jot.com/WikiHome/SmugMugHacksAndApps

It's really quite an amazing tool.
  • dusty-dogdusty-dog Registered Users Posts: 116 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Hi, ouch - sorry you are finding it to be a nuisance! Let's see if we can help :D

I suggest that you try Devbobo's SmugBrowser. It's an awesome Firefox plugin, you'll be quite amazed at how easy it is to create, move, add etc.

http://smugmug.jot.com/WikiHome/SmugMugHacksAndApps

It's really quite an amazing tool.

Andy, you reply was instantaneous. clap.gif Thank you!

I've installed the Firefox SmugBrowser, but all it does is show me the tree. It doesn't really allow me to do anything. Even when I create a new category, nothing happens. What I'm trying to do is move my Photography subcategories out of "Photography" ind into separate categories. I figured a simple file tree with the capability to move/rename/ etc. would be great. This isn't doing it, and I feel like it should but it's not. Am I doing something wrong? headscratch.gif

Di

ps: we need a smilie for "sigh......"
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2007
    dusty-dog wrote:
    Am I doing something wrong? headscratch.gif

Yes. First - ask the Q's in the SmugBrowser thread, so that you can get the best help possible :D

Second - did you right click on the tree? Play around - you'll see the properties menu, go ahead and change something!