snowboarding shots

snowangel.snowangel. Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited March 25, 2007 in Sports
Hi, new here, I live in a French ski resort called Serre Chevalier and at the moment i'm mianly taking pics of snowboarders.

here are some from last weekends competition here

unknown.jpg

neils2copy.jpg

lucy1copy.jpg

liamb.jpg

juinair.jpg

neilswoodd.jpg

what do you think?

nice to meet you all

kim, aka snowangel.

Comments

• gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2007
    G'day kim & welcome to digital grin. Always a pleasure to have more shooters from abroard. Your shots are great...that first one certainly gives the idea of height.
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2007
    Very nice, Kim. I like the feeling of hang time in #5, a lot.

I think they could use more pop, you might find the tutorial linked in my signature to be helpful.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • snowangel.snowangel. Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited March 25, 2007
    Thanks, what do you mean more pop??? In snowboarding pop is something the riders do to get more hight off a kicker! I have not a clue what it means in photography!
    Best thing about these shots is the organisers have asked me for one! Yay! have got press pass to a big jib contest next saturday, shooting lots of rais so it should be fun and shooting for a web company. I'm well chuffed
    DavidTO wrote:
    Very nice, Kim. I like the feeling of hang time in #5, a lot.

I think they could use more pop, you might find the tutorial linked in my signature to be helpful.
  • snowangel.snowangel. Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited March 25, 2007
    snowangel. wrote:
    Thanks, what do you mean more pop??? In snowboarding pop is something the riders do to get more hight off a kicker! I have not a clue what it means in photography!
    Best thing about these shots is the organisers have asked me for one! Yay! have got press pass to a big jib contest next saturday, shooting lots of rais so it should be fun and shooting for a web company. I'm well chuffed

have found your tutorial, couldn't follow it, coputers and me we dont work to well together, but did play with two of the photo's in a way i could understand. I dont normally play with photo's, i am of the belief a photo should be good without needing to be played with.
    anyway here are the two i changed

jukikblue.jpg

neilswoodplay.jpg
  • cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2007
    Nice work Kim!

I think that the work you did to those shots really helped! The shots were good to begin with but I think they work even better now!
    edited March 25, 2007
    Kim,

Making sure you have a black point and a white point are far from "playing" with the image. It's just doing what a lab would have done for you in the days of film.

If you want some help with the tutorial, let me know.

Here's what my tutorial did for one of the shots:
    Moderator Emeritus
    edited March 25, 2007
    And here's another:
    Moderator Emeritus