A Little Hockey

moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,420 Major grins
edited March 30, 2007 in Sports
Got to the NY Islander game on Thursday. We were seated directly behind the goal, so shooting was a little tough with the net on the end of the rink, but it was fun to play with the camera. All shots using a Canon 30D and 70-200mm L 2.8.

138362404-L.jpg

138361298-L.jpg

138362739-L.jpg

Stopping a penalty shot:
138363052-L.jpg

My personal "shot of the night" - the puck in the air, my company logo on the boards in the background...
138363135-L.jpg

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2007
    moose135 wrote:
    Got to the NY Islander game on Thursday. We were seated directly behind the goal, so shooting was a little tough with the net on the end of the rink, but it was fun to play with the camera. All shots using a Canon 30D and 70-200mm L 2.8.
    Stopping a penalty shot:
    My personal "shot of the night" - the puck in the air, my company logo on the boards in the background...

Hi Moose, Ice Hockey looks like a great sport, I've only seen a bit of a practice game once in Vancouver, but it was fun to watch.
    Those players a quite skilled, and their skating ability is amazing.

Glad you had a fun time .... I like the 2nd and last shots thumb.gif ..... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2007
    You did well considering that is possibly one of the hardest things to shoot. Ive never even seen an ice skate let alone a game but dark clothing on a bright with floor & that lighting would be hard to do i suspect. Not mentioning of course the speed of the game...ive seen it on TV only a few times (usually the 15 seconds of the fights) & it moves very fast.
  • dbaker1221dbaker1221 Registered Users Posts: 4,482 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2007
    great job on those shotsthumb.gif
    **If I keep shooting, I'm bound to hit something**
    Dave
  • Captn14Captn14 Registered Users Posts: 142 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2007
    Must admit I am not a hockey fan...But these look cool...I like the first one.
    Great perspective...

Rod