Trade your D200 for D80 plus cash?

tksuthertksuther Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
edited April 3, 2007 in Nikon Land
*Withdrawn* If anyone is interested in trading a lightly used excellent condition D200 with box, papers original accessories, etc. for my excellent condition D80 plus cash, please send me an e-mail.

Comments

• tksuthertksuther Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited April 3, 2007
    Anyone?
  • kreskres Registered Users Posts: 268 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2007
    ... I'm benching this as softly as I can, and am honestly curious as to your answer - so take it as a chance to chat up your offer and drum up some intrest...

Why would expect someone to trade in their Pro-sumer camera for a high end consumer rig? Maybe offering a little cash might get some attention.

As I understand the platforms, the D200 still has a number of features not found in the D80. Not to say that the D80 is not an outstanding camera in many respects - one of which is the exact same 10mp sensor.

Help me understand what your thinking, and maybe the extra information will perk up the ears of DGrinn'r or two. thumb.gif

Regards,
    --Kres
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited April 3, 2007
    Kres, the post title says "...D80 plus cash"
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• kreskres Registered Users Posts: 268 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2007
    DoctorIt wrote:
    Kres, the post title says "...D80 plus cash"

...thus proving my reading comprehension before the 1st cup of coffee is horrific. :hack Sorry! I'll attempt to make up for it with this:

The remote shutter control for the D80 ROCKS all over the nasty cable control that the D200 uses. Also, the D80 is much friendlier with shooting modes. Two things that came to my sleep deprived brain tween the first post and my follow up.
    --Kres
  • tksuthertksuther Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited April 3, 2007
    kres wrote:
    ...thus proving my reading comprehension before the 1st cup of coffee is horrific. :hack Sorry! I'll attempt to make up for it with this:

The remote shutter control for the D80 ROCKS all over the nasty cable control that the D200 uses. Also, the D80 is much friendlier with shooting modes. Two things that came to my sleep deprived brain tween the first post and my follow up.
    No problem. I should have written "plus cash" in the body of my post too (fixed now). A couple more attractive features on the D80 compared to the D200: lighter-weight, better high ISO performance, useful built-in post processing features and IMO, easier access to the media card. I had a D200 before the D80 - miss the 5 fps (I have a 3-1/2 year old, need I say more?) and the great custom menus. I like the metering performance better on the D200 as well.